Valued Contributor

Simmons Beautysleep or Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Mattress

I know this is not about beauty products, but I need my "beauty sleep", and no one in the home forum has replied. Anyone have either one of these and which is better. Am looking at both with and would like any guidance. Looking at the eurotop, as I like not too soft and not too firm. Currently my husband and I are sleeping in recliners because our 2 yr old mattress is so bad. It is a Bellagio from Serta and has a sink hole in it and was over $1,000. Help if you can please!

Super Contributor

Re: Simmons Beautysleep or Simmons Beautyrest Recharge Mattress

Been there, done that with the recliner thing. I slept in one for close to 4 yrs due to my bad back. We got a Sleep Number bed that I thought was all that - but really wasn't.

Once we moved here to FL we needed another mattress to replace one the builder had in our furnished bedroom. We went to the showroom and found the Serta iComfort mattress. I wasn't interested at first b/c it's a foam mattress and I had one of the first mattresses from TempurPedic when they were first introduced. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough b/c I'd sweat so badly every night. This NEW foam mattress has saved my back. It's close to 2 yrs now and I've been able to sleep in that bed every single night. LOVE!!!

So I have not checked out the Simmons line but if either of those are similar to the iComfort, I'd choose it in a heartbeat and not look back.

Best of luck - mattresses are so difficult to choose!!!

Valued Contributor

Thanks dionline, I will check that out! Thank you for your reply

Honored Contributor

Hi Betsy. I don't know about either mattress, but I can tell you that my DH and I found ourselves in a similar circumstance - bought a pricey mattress and box spring a little over a year ago and it's just not as comfortable as the floor model we tried out in the showroom. We thought maybe it needed breaking in, but no. It's OK for me, but DH has had a sore shoulder every night since we got it. About a month ago I purchased a Novaform Seasonal 3" Memory Foam Mattress Topper from Costco. It was about $150. Several years ago we tried out a TempurPedic and I thought it was awful, but this topper has made all the difference in the comfort of our bed. It's made to be used on one side during hot weather and then flip it to the other side when it's cold. I can see where it would add comfort to your bed, but I don't know how it would work with that sinkhole.

Super Contributor

I just checked Consumer Reports for you. The Beautyrest Recharge Palisades Court Luxury Firm Pillowtop is on the list of their 11 recommended mattresses. It's the only Simmons mattress on the list and was among the highest scores. Overall the Simmons brand did not have high scores, but this particular mattress appears to be good. The report did say that it is softer than advertised which may be an issue for back sleepers.

The Serta Perfect Day iSeries Applause had a slightly higher score and is cheaper.

Super Contributor

JeanLouise, I did read in Consumer Reports about a year ago that Costco had a foam mattress that was only about $800 that topped even my mattress. I'm so tempted to buy it for our guest bedroom so I'd have an alternative for when DH is snoring!!

Good luck OP with your mattress hunt!!

Valued Contributor

On 8/24/2014 cassiem said:

I just checked Consumer Reports for you. The Beautyrest Recharge Palisades Court Luxury Firm Pillowtop is on the list of their 11 recommended mattresses. It's the only Simmons mattress on the list and was among the highest scores. Overall the Simmons brand did not have high scores, but this particular mattress appears to be good. The report did say that it is softer than advertised which may be an issue for back sleepers.

The Serta Perfect Day iSeries Applause had a slightly higher score and is cheaper.

Thanks for checking that for me!! I have been hearing that the recharge luxury firm is what people prefer and I guess that is true.