Occasional Contributor

I'm pretty ticked ! Seems this happens to me a lot. I purchased 3 brands of Hot Rollers--- Chi, which took until a few days ago to get a contact for info, T3 and a Conair 12+ set sold under the Sally's Beauty Brand. HAD I located the John Frieda Conair, I would have tried those, two. BUT, I found hat the first 2....which are hotter than heck, do really well while the latter was good. I've not given up the HOt rollers since they came out and still have Jumbo Conair from the 70's (thanks to Ebay) but all of the ionic, ceraminc, tourmaline and my new wild gray air made me think it was time to re-buy. So...I've kept the Chi BUT KNOW that the contact I finally reached said the warranty DOES NOT INCLUDE THE ROLLERS, which is what the technology IS ! One drop into your sink or a ceramic floor and you might be looking for more and spending a lot in the long run. As hot as they get, it's inevitible. When mine get hot I turn them off and then start using them with a basket and a towel in my sink and cotton pads handy for areas easily burned. I hate clips so I have managed to work with my old "bobby pin" Conairs exc for the very bottom back of my hair where creasing won't show. NOW, I tried the T# because they offered only Jumbo at 99 and the Chi had no jumbo back in about May, which I commented on. BUT I could buy them separately from QVC. (More $$ !!) So, I'm ticked because despite the fact I have only used them about 4 times it's over 30 days and NOW what I wanted is available ! Waaah !!! BTW, I tried the Calista spray that comes with the lousy Perfecter and it FRIED MY HAIR !! ((I always use a protectant --you should,too -- and it still fried me !) I cannot "get" the wrapping the hair around the roller from base to end method plus some of my hair is not long enough for that. I do the old fashioned from the base and pull out to the end then roll down. I "ouch ! Ouch! ouch! " all the way through the rolling but the curl REALLY STAYS IN! Allure recommends Caruso, John Frieda Conair (Jumbo) and an Argan Oil vapor system in it's "Hair" special edition from Spring. Jumbo for fullness is only a few rollers, used differently than most of us are used to, FYI. I want to see the Calista Perfector done with HAIR BLOWN DRY ONLY BY A NON-PRO and the Nu-Face lady do her OTHER eyebrow from the very beginning. LOL!! I wanna Le Mieux----does that mean I don't need a Clarisonic esp with all the pads and peels. etc. I'm doing??? (Can't buy their pitch either...need details of the "manual." Ha ha ha

Occasional Contributor
On 8/17/2014 Sazbones said:

I'm pretty ticked ! Seems this happens to me a lot. I purchased 3 brands of Hot Rollers--- Chi, which took until a few days ago to get a contact for info, T3 and a Conair 12+ set sold under the Sally's Beauty Brand. HAD I located the John Frieda Conair, I would have tried those, two. BUT, I found hat the first 2....which are hotter than heck, do really well while the latter was good. I've not given up the HOt rollers since they came out and still have Jumbo Conair from the 70's (thanks to Ebay) but all of the ionic, ceraminc, tourmaline and my new wild gray air made me think it was time to re-buy. So...I've kept the Chi BUT KNOW that the contact I finally reached said the warranty DOES NOT INCLUDE THE ROLLERS, which is what the technology IS ! One drop into your sink or a ceramic floor and you might be looking for more and spending a lot in the long run. As hot as they get, it's inevitible. When mine get hot I turn them off and then start using them with a basket and a towel in my sink and cotton pads handy for areas easily burned. I hate clips so I have managed to work with my old "bobby pin" Conairs exc for the very bottom back of my hair where creasing won't show. NOW, I tried the T# because they offered only Jumbo at 99 and the Chi had no jumbo back in about May, which I commented on. BUT I could buy them separately from QVC. (More $$ !!) So, I'm ticked because despite the fact I have only used them about 4 times it's over 30 days and NOW what I wanted is available ! Waaah !!! BTW, I tried the Calista spray that comes with the lousy Perfecter and it FRIED MY HAIR !! ((I always use a protectant --you should,too -- and it still fried me !) I cannot "get" the wrapping the hair around the roller from base to end method plus some of my hair is not long enough for that. I do the old fashioned from the base and pull out to the end then roll down. I "ouch ! Ouch! ouch! " all the way through the rolling but the curl REALLY STAYS IN! Allure recommends Caruso, John Frieda Conair (Jumbo) and an Argan Oil vapor system in it's "Hair" special edition from Spring. Jumbo for fullness is only a few rollers, used differently than most of us are used to, FYI. I want to see the Calista Perfector done with HAIR BLOWN DRY ONLY BY A NON-PRO and the Nu-Face lady do her OTHER eyebrow from the very beginning. LOL!! I wanna Le Mieux----does that mean I don't need a Clarisonic esp with all the pads and peels. etc. I'm doing??? (Can't buy their pitch either...need details of the "manual." Ha ha ha

Super Contributor

Are these better then Calista Tools hot roller sets?

Respected Contributor

I have long thick hair and my favorite set is the Conair Xtreme Instant Heat Jumbo and Super Jumbo Hair Setter. Best I've ever used and only around $30.

Honored Contributor

I love my Conair rollers, work just great.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Trusted Contributor
On 8/16/2014 wildcat fan said:
On 8/16/2014 KJPA said:

I have the Caruso steam rollers and really love them. But I have to make sure my hair is totally dry after I remove the rollers and before I start styling it. Heat and humidity still bring it down but it looks good while it lasts. I have not found anything that works better for my fine, stick-straight hair but I'm always open to suggestions/ideas!!!

Please report back and let us know how these work out for all of youSmiley Wink

I've been thinking about getting the Caruso steam rollers. A friend of mine has them and her hair keeps the curl all day. It seems so much gentler than the other heating methods.

LOL! I caved and ordered the Chi TSV. Now I'll be able to compare them to the Caruso and report back Smiley Wink If I don't like the Chi I will return them. I read Sazbones post about them getting really hot a little too late to change my mind. I hope they aren't that hot since I don't want to damage my hair. I'm trying to grow it out but it's so limp I have to do something to give it body.

I'll keep you posted!

KJPA
Esteemed Contributor
Well day one of the chi rollers and let's just say I will need to practice a bit. Not a fan of the clips at all as I cannot seem to get them to hold securely w/ the clip rotated towards the back like the vendor said to do...so I got dents in my hair. I will say the rollers did give me loads of volume and the curl was nice. Did not think the hairspray was particularly good...but at least the spray had no stong scent. Will continue to see if I can make the rollers work for me. But have to say, so far they are heavy, hot on the scalp and leave dents...not a good start.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Super Contributor

I use Conair Xtreme Heat rollers! They are the absolute best! Got them in Target.

Esteemed Contributor
On 8/24/2014 champagnepoodle said:

I use Conair Xtreme Heat rollers! They are the absolute best! Got them in Target.

What sort of clips do they use to hold the roller? The clips w/ the Chi leave really bad crimping and I do not enjoy that look at all.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."