Respected Contributor

Shower! It can be invigorating or totally relaxing depending on what you use in it!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Re: Bath or shower?

[ Edited ]

I am always amazed when this subject comes up that the shower preferring folks seem to frequently feel they need to say something degrading about preferring baths. Hate to tell you all but just because you chose to shower does not make you , in any way, a better person than those who chose to bathe.before you criticize me for saying this refer to posts # 5-6-7.

Honored Contributor

Not that I really prefer a bath but I have extremely dry skin so I need to soak in bath oils and I do bathe when I am at home.

Trusted Contributor

I am so surprised that showers are preferred by most of you. I guess as far as the water being dirty....I am never dirty so the water is clean. Usually the water stays nice and hot for a long time...I can add more in if I need to. The Epsom salts detoxify the body and relax the muscles....which a shower can not do.

When I was working, I only took two baths a  week....on my days off. I showered  on my work days  as it was faster.  That I do see and understand for those that prefer a shower....But, in a shower you can not read a good book...or take a little nap.... A shower is invigorating....a bath is relaxing.

Respected Contributor

I do both.  Shower daily and bath once a week or so to relax.

Respected Contributor

Love, love, love a nice quiet soaking bath. DH installed bathroom lighting on a dimmer switch so I can keep the lights on low and r-e-l-a-x. He has his own shower so we are both happy. 

Honored Contributor

I used to enjoy both, but now prefer the massage and refreshment that only a shower provides.

Especially if you have any trigger or tension points on your body.

I've had fibro for about 13 years, and showering both in the AM and PM really does help.

Especially if you enjoy both the overhead 'rainshower' and a handheld wand.   8)

Respected Contributor

i shower now, but in the past would take a bath more frequently.  since moving into this house, the bathtub is so large i find it uncomfortable to take a real bath.

Honored Contributor

Showers. I love them! 

I never, ever take baths. 

Respected Contributor

If I sat down in the bathtub it would take a crane to get me back out.