Respected Contributor

Tarte Rainforest Sea Water Foundation

What is your opinion, matte or a little dewy?  The presenter said it was your skin but better. Did it look like the wrinkles were worse with the makeup on?  I don't have many wrinkles but I watched the video several times and and still unsure. Thanks. Have a nice day.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

Re: Tarte Rainforest Sea Water Foundation

I thought it looked very natural looking.  It did look more dewey than matte on the video which is what I like, The price is great expecially with getting the brush too.  I am going to give it a try.  If I don't like it I will return it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The vendor said it's neither matte or dewy.  I don't really think it's going to hide wrinkles, but I also don't think it's going to accentuate them.  I think it's more about covering spots and creating an overall even coloring.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Coquille wrote:

What is your opinion, matte or a little dewy?  The presenter said it was your skin but better. Did it look like the wrinkles were worse with the makeup on?  I don't have many wrinkles but I watched the video several times and and still unsure. Thanks. Have a nice day.

Hi Coquille - I agree, it seemed a bit dewy on the models. I think the presenter has to say it's not one or ther other, so that the product will sell to more people who have a particular preference.  It looked very nice on the younger model, but on Mary St. John, it did seem to accentuate wrinkles. I don't know that it is the foundation's fault, though. Mary St. John is very lovely and looks much better (less wrinkled) with more matte foundations.  In real life, she probably would apply a finishing powder over top of a dewy foundation, so the new Tarte foundation may be good for keeping her skin nourished and hydrated under a finishing powder. 

Honored Contributor

I'm interested in the product, but I'm fearful that dropper bottle will get clogged the way on one of her TSV foundations did.  That was a mess.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

When will this ship, does anyone know? It looked good on the models, I just seem to have a lot of Tarte foundations and even missed the last TSV! I do really like them for the most part though!

Honored Contributor

@Katmary wrote:

When will this ship, does anyone know? It looked good on the models, I just seem to have a lot of Tarte foundations and even missed the last TSV! I do really like them for the most part though!

@Katmary  September 24th  

Frequent Contributor

I pre ordered it last week in light but after seeing the swatches on the models hand last night changed it to fair since it won't ship til end of September & I still have plenty of the foundcealer from the 2nd a.d. from the Feb tsv I figured I could use this one in the cooler months when my tan fades
Frequent Contributor

From the description it says "hydrating" and "nourishing", those words are a no go for me when it comes to foundation, i have oiliness 

Trusted Contributor

I do not need one more foundation in my life but love trying high end and these mid end types I see on tv and in stores. This made me look lol..maybe b/c the colors were nice and the name was nice too "water" foundation. I like a little more dewy look - using a little bronzing powder kinda helps with that after foundation or dabbing my face gently with a tissue like pressing with it to dab off excess as I see many pros do to and I find it sets it more if wanting to skip  a powder..it removes a bit of shine. My skin is dry so this looks nice. I am wary about this new line Rainforest however. Tarte is discontinuing a few very good items that are SEEN only on QVC then never again and never makes it to her main website. OR it's just not sold in stores (Ulta's)..if I love a product and it goes it's a letdown. She/her group did this is a w/a few foundations over the past few years...sometimes one year there and then gone.

But I think it's worth a try this really doesn't cost much and love the brushes!!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky