Honored Contributor

Recent Korres TS - My Review

This kit is a miss for me.  I received it yesterday and it is packed up and ready to return today.

I used the cleanser last night and that is a very nice product.  Nice foaming consistency and removed all of my face make-up and eye make-up with no burning or stinging.  My face felt really nice afterwards, not tight or dry.

Next I tried the body butter.  Blech.  I personally didn't care for the consistency of this at all.  I thought it was too thick and hard to rub in.  But the worst part was the smell.  I don't even know how to describe this but it definitely wasn't neutral as I've seen it described and it wasn't spa like.  I only applied it on the lower part of my arm and had to wash the stench off.  I cannot imagine putting this over my entire body.

Unfortunately, the hand cream has the same smell as the body butter and IMO the hand cream wasn't thick enough.  Shortly after application, I felt like I needed hand cream again.

I didn't even bother with the facial product.  I knew I wasn't keeping the kit so there was no point.  But I did read the ingredient deck and wasn't impressed.  One of the first 5 ingredients was denatured alcohol and the product also contains fragrance.

I know I'm the odd one out on this so far.  There are only 4 reviews on HSN but all of them are 5 star.     

Respected Contributor

Re: Recent Korres TS - My Review

I purchased the yoghurt body butter duo and the jasmine body butter and shower gel set last week. The texture was so-so but I couldn't stand the smell. Back to Philosophy whipped body creme in AG and PG.
Honored Contributor

The one item you didn't try is actually the only item I would have wanted from that set. I really like the Korres Yoghurt Sleeping Facial and the Yoghurt moisturiser (not in the TS kit).. When my sensitive skin is reacting badly to something, these are the products I pull out to sooth my skin and recover.

Unfortunately, I'm not fond of the scent. I don't find it offensive or horrible, but it's not pleasant, either. As you said, I can't imagine putting it on my entire body. I like many of the Korres body butters, but that scent in a body butter has never appealed to me.

Honored Contributor

I wish I were surprised.  Maybe the other 4 reviewers hadn't opened the actual products???

Respected Contributor

this TSV scent smells like nothing, its a scent like lotion or soap that you get in the hospital  with the kidney shaped dish lol. would NOT describe it as a "stench" !!

i like the overnight facial; and i like the cleanser. The body butter is thick, its no thicker than other Korres creams, the scent is just plain, like soap.  maybe Camay ?

Every other Korres i ordered has extremely stronng scents.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered From Korres and I received a day and night moisturizer and eye cream.  I just got in yesterday and used the day cream this morning.  I like it.  There was no scent or it was so neutral that I didn't notice.

I have tried the body cream in guava and several of the shower gels In different scents. The scents don't seem to linger.  The body cream is rich and only a little dab goes a long way.

What scent did you receive?  

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I ordered From Korres and I received a day and night moisturizer and eye cream.  I just got in yesterday and used the day cream this morning.  I like it.  There was no scent or it was so neutral that I didn't notice.

I have tried the body cream in guava and several of the shower gels In different scents. The scents don't seem to linger.  The body cream is rich and only a little dab goes a long way.

not sure about the OP's review but i ordered the TSV from lastweek:

Korres Greek Yoghurt Head-to-Toe 4-piece Hydration Set

417-576

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry to hear the TS was a disappointment. 

I'm not a fan of the Korres Yoghurt products but I do like the Rose ones. And I love the body butters & shower gels. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

not sure about the OP's review but i ordered the TSV from lastweek:

417-576

This is the same set I ordered and I love it.  Different strokes I guess.

The first time I used the body butter it soothed and smoothed my very sensitive skin and some dry spots.  The sleeping facial is worth the price of admission.  It's the first kit from Korres that actually DOES what was promised, at least for me.  The scent was mild and not an issue at all.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~