Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Boehm Collector 

It appears that's what happened.  I had stocked up several months back, and the later boxes now have the shampoo rather than the pretreatment for the ends.

The pretreatment helped the ends from getting too dark when coloring.  Although I try to keep the color on the roots, it does migrate through my hair, so it was very helpful.

I guess it's too late now unless you happened to find older stock.

@Witchy Woman   .. unless I am mistaken, I think someone posted to use a bit of conditioner on the ends in place of the pre-color treatment.  

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Boehm Collector 

It appears that's what happened.  I had stocked up several months back, and the later boxes now have the shampoo rather than the pretreatment for the ends.

The pretreatment helped the ends from getting too dark when coloring.  Although I try to keep the color on the roots, it does migrate through my hair, so it was very helpful.

@Witchy Woman   .. unless I am mistaken, I think someone posted to use a bit of conditioner on the ends in place of the pre-color treatment.  

@Boehm Collector @Witchy Woman That was me.  Any conditioner will work.  It was told to me by a hairdresser since pro color doesn't come with anything else but the tubes of color, not even the peroxide.  You buy that separately.  I've been coloring my hair with professional color for years.  I haven't needed to do that in years though.  The reason ends get darker is because they are damaged and more porous which means they absorb more of the color.  Conditioner blocks it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess   .. thank you so much!   

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Boehm Collector 

@Boehm Collector @Witchy Woman That was me.  Any conditioner will work.  It was told to me by a hairdresser since pro color doesn't come with anything else but the tubes of color, not even the peroxide.  You buy that separately.  I've been coloring my hair with professional color for years.  I haven't needed to do that in years though.  The reason ends get darker is because they are damaged and more porous which means they absorb more of the color.  Conditioner blocks it.  

Respected Contributor

The conditioner that's for after you color....would love if L'Oréal  sold it separately...it is the best. My hair never looks better than when I use it.  

Honored Contributor

@Trailrun23 wrote:

The conditioner that's for after you color....would love if L'Oréal  sold it separately...it is the best. My hair never looks better than when I use it.  

You can purchase it on Ebay @Trailrun23 .