Honored Contributor

@Amulet wrote:

Perhaps

L'Oreal Paris Excellence Creme,

6 Light Brown

Level 3 Permanent Hair Color

has the small tube for the ends

Search online to see if the box is recognizable as your product

@Amulet - that's what I use and in that color.  I don't ever remember a tube specifically for the ends.  I think there is a small pre-treatment tube. I've never even looked at it.  Maybe I should, LOL. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman you can use conditioner on your ends to keep them from grabbing the color if that's a problem for you.  

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

I tried coloring my hair (roots only) but I never could master how you color the back of your head. I always left spots that didn't get colored. How do you do it? Would appreciate any advice.

@elated My closet bi-fold doors are full-length mirrors and are right next to my vanity.  So, while they may be dated home decor-wise, They're great for seeing the back of my head to apply my color to only the roots. 

Esteemed Contributor

@elated 

I start in back and try to deposit color in even rows on the back/top of my head.  I cannot see what I am doing, but my hair is saturated with the color. 

Ideally, you would brush it on like they do in the salon, but this seems to work for me.

Also, I'm using a color that is identical to my natural color, so if there are any spots I miss, they are not apparent.  While my hair is graying, I never let the roots come all the way through before coloring.

That helps too.

If you can get someone to help, that is great, but I've never had that luxury.  My girlfriend's husband used to help her Cat Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Amulet 

Off to check!

Thanks so much...will let you know.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: At Home Hair Color

[ Edited ]

@Amulet 

Just checked and that is likely the one I was using.  They are calling it "shine serum."  

I'm ordering some to check it out.

Again, thanks so much!

Contributor

I seldom used that tube to protect the ends, it appears that they

changed the product contents now absent the small tube and added

a tube of after care shampoo.

Contributor

I seldom used that tube to protect the ends, it appears that they

changed the product contents now absent the small tube and added

a tube of after care shampoo.

@gidgetgh wrote:

@Amulet wrote:

Perhaps

L'Oreal Paris Excellence Creme,

6 Light Brown

Level 3 Permanent Hair Color

has the small tube for the ends

Search online to see if the box is recognizable as your product

@Amulet - that's what I use and in that color.  I don't ever remember a tube specifically for the ends.  I think there is a small pre-treatment tube. I've never even looked at it.  Maybe I should, LOL. 

Contributor

I am not familiar with posting on the forum as I haven't for many years.

@Witchy Woman wrote:

I've been using L'Oreal Creme Triple Care Color for quite some time now (Light Brown).

However, just today, I realized I had been using the small tube of shampoo on my ends before applying the color!   

Evidently some brand I used in the past included a serum to keep your ends from absorbing any color and I thought it was this brand. 

It wasn't!

While I do only roots, my hair is thin and the color always travels through my hair.

I've searched my past brands and cannot find anyone that has such a product included.  If anyone knows, please let me know.

Maybe I'm crazy and have been using it wrong all along Cat Very Happy

I will say this.  My hair color has never looked better, so maybe I'll just keep using it the wrong way Cat Very Happy

It appears that they changed the product contents now absent

the small tube and added a tube of (after) care shampoo.

Honored Contributor

Re: At Home Hair Color

[ Edited ]

I have used Revlon Colorsilk in Dark Auburn for the last 26 years, I first apply to roots then just spread evenly on the rest of my very fine, thin hair, leave on 35 minutes, rinse and wash with shampoo, I get totally even color throughout.