Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone getting the Peter Thomas Roth TSV

no, I still have the mega size of the retinol serum and a night cream too. I use it and really like them both. I wanted to try the eye cream but not for the TSV price so found a 1oz bottle on ebay for under $24. It does have good reviews. We’ll see,

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm not so sure how effective that serum would be because of two reasons...first it is in a dropper bottle and secondly that dropper bottle is blue glass which offers no protection from damaging light. Between these two retinol-damaging factors, I'm having a difficult time believing that this serum could give any positive results. I would never buy a product like that one, simply based on the product packaging.

@SilleeMee....please let me know what retinol you like, I'm always on the hunt.  ..I've tried ptr retinol,  and I didn't see any improvement.   Also many of his creams, do nothing for me.  I like very much his glycolic cleanser, peel pads, pumpkin mask.  Anyone like to suggest a retinol, I'd like to hear your thoughts.    I just finished Consult Beaute retinol, 3rd bottle.

I'm in for a change 

Honored Contributor

In the beginning when I first started using a retinoid, it was Paula's Choice 1%. I used that for almost two years and although I believed it was doing some good, I didn't feel like it was worth the cost so I decided to move on to tretinoin (Retin-A). I think Paula's is a good product just based on the packaging alone. It preserves the retinol and even at only a 1% concentration it most likely out performs other higher retinols that aren't so well packaged. @Dazlin

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003  I bought the Paula's choice and I do like it.  My order for PTR large bottle got lost in the mail.  I finally was able to get one when they offered it on sale again.  Paula's is a thicker serum, PTR's is more like water.   I will use them both at different times as I don't want to do a return.

Super Contributor

His products are good but mild and retinol or retin a is the gold standard for anti aging. I use Truth Treatments and the retinol gel 5% is amazing! but it is potent and can only use once a week. but in between I would use this. Beautiful Skin. 

Respected Contributor

I've always liked his Retinol, so I purchased and will give it a try.

Honored Contributor

@beauty0125 wrote:

His products are good but mild and retinol or retin a is the gold standard for anti aging. I use Truth Treatments and the retinol gel 5% is amazing! but it is potent and can only use once a week. but in between I would use this. Beautiful Skin. 

This retinol used just once a week sounds quite amazing, I just checked it out, it sells for $189, but could be a worthwhile investment.

New Contributor

I've been using PTR products for almost two years, when I purchased a different TSV.  I have to say the combination of PTR at night and Perricone during the day has made my 56 year old facial skin look pretty good. Easy pay is wonderful!  This new TSV was interesting to me because it included an eye cream, so I canceled the other PTR order and started receiving the new one.  It's only been two days, so we'll see how it works.  I have to say, however, the smell of the facial moisturizer is quite pungent.  I can't quite put my finger on what it smells like, but it's not pleasant.  I reached out to the PTR website about this and am hoping they'll give me a decent answer. If anyone else ordered this TSV, is the smell of your moisturizer very unpleasant as well??

Honored Contributor

PTR is the only skincare line I have used that destroyed my skin....I looked like I had a bad sunburn with had broken skin and flakiness as well. Not sure what is in it, but once was enough for me.
Super Contributor

I love his products, Yes they are pricy but I alway give them a chance  to see how they work on me. If they dont after three weeks they go back but at least I gave them a chance. I used his retinol for many years it fantastic. To me skin care is much more important the makeup.