Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

When Thanksgiving centerpieces go wrong:

Honored Contributor

Attack Of The Funny Animals - 32 Pics:

Trusted Contributor

Hello ladies...Sorry I've been away, but I was in the hospital twice.  I have been very sick, but feeling better now.  Have a nice day.

Respected Contributor

Hi Bobbi sue, really sorry you have been having a hard time. I heard you were in the hospital and have prayed for you. Glad you are a bit better. We miss you here.

possummink, those hummers from Ecuador are stunning. Thanks for all the pictures.

HiLo, I wondered if you would rather be here, but figured you would know that youself.

Wish you could have had something like this when your hubby died.

This morning I went to the radiation center where they made the "bolus" that will fit over my nose during treatments. Took about 20 minutes, but the Lord helped me and I didn't panic. It was in the room where they made the mask for hubby so it was hard. They put a patch of very warm something over my nose and molded it to fit me. They put wire on that. I just had to lie there until it firmed up a bit. I didn't see it, but am sure DD got pictures.

Then they took me into another room and did a CT scan while I was wearing the bolus.

It will show them just where to beam the radiation. I remember hubby having a CT scan in that room and wanting to get up and leave, so it was kind of hard, and I cried a little when it was over, but am thankful that part is behind me.

They said they will probably not be able to begin treatments until next week, but one lady said she would try to expedite things. I just leave all of that with the Lord.

Thanks to all who prayed for me.

Hope you are having a good day.

snappy Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Glad that part is behind you,  It works out so well that your DD will be able to take you, and I know she is glad also.   As always I am thinking of you.

Bobbisue -  Thanks for letting us know, I know you are happy to be back home.

Trusted Contributor

Re: widows thread

[ Edited ]

Bobby sue so sorry to hear you have been ill and in the hospital, I am glad you are home and hopefully feeling better and that each day you get stronger. I may have never thanked you for starting this post, it has been a life saver for me so thank you so muchHeart

Snappy I am so glad your first time is over and you got thru it. I know its hard to be where your DH was  brings back a lot of memories I am sure, but you know how good they are and will give you the best treatment available and get you back on your feet.    I appreciate your friendship more than you know and pray for your good health everyday.Heart

It's Monday and August already.  It hasn't been a hot summer for us so a lot of us are hoping we get our summer this month. I like the high 70's, but usually for us August gets into the high 80's and 90's. In our area not many of us have air because we would only use it like one month out of the year, but come August we all wish we had it. Lol!!!!

Good to see your post 10grands hope you are doing well and enjoying the summer and your familyHeart

Hope everyone has a good week, if you have hot weather stay safe, hydrated and cool.Heart

Honored Contributor

Re: widows thread

[ Edited ]

A Ruby Topaz Hummingbird- Costa Rica by David G Hemmings:

A Ruby Topaz Hummingbird- Costa Rica

Honored Contributor

Swallow-Tailed Hummingbird:

Swallow-Tailed Hummingbird

Hi Snappy and Friends,   It's hard to believe this is the first day of August already.   Seems like the kids just got out of school a few weeks ago and now my grandchildren are starting back to school next week.  Seems like this summer was only as long as a 'weekend' compared to summers past.  

Snappy,  I'm glad you had the CT scan and have the fitting for your nose protection.   I kind of know what you feel like being in the same rooms as your DH was.  My eye doctor is in the same building that Charlie's CA doctor is in.   It makes me feel kind of uncomfortable going there and passing the floor the office is on.   Don't want to ever have to go in there again.   

Bobbisue,   Sorry to hear you've been sick and in the hospital.   I hope you are lots better now that you are home.   Take care.

Wishing all my Friends here a lovely Tuesday.   Be safe and cool. Heart

Honored Contributor

standing-cat-keys-goal-kitty-4: