Honored Contributor

It seems that men just do not want to be alone,that is what i have seen.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Blueridge Liz wrote:

I live in a very large Del Webb community. You must be 55 to live in a Del Webb community.  My husband likes to stay at home so I go to plays etc on  excursions sponsored by Del Webb. I meet many single women. Some are divorcees, some are widows.  The consensus is I’ve been there, done that so don’t need to do it again. The single men in the community are looking for someone to take care of them....my generation of women are not interested. My Mom and Mother- in- law ever remarried.

it has nothing to do with the state of the marriage. The widows loved their husbands very much. Many were care givers so think it’s time for themselves. 

Personally I would never remarry. A man friend would be nice but not a husband. My sister feels the same way.

it is very rare for women to remarry in our community. It is very common for me to remarry quickly.

Perhaps  the next generation of men will be different. There are several generations living in Sun City so perhaps the change will occur with the younger generation.

@Blueridge Liz Honey, men will always want their mothers.  It's been that way since the beginning of time.  I'm definately not here for that!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I read that same statistic decades ago so apparently it hasn't changed so I assume it's accurate.

It is just a statistic.

I don't about anyone else but if my DH dies before i do, I'm not training another one.   I was single 16 years between #1 and #2 and very independent and happy.   I'll live out my years single and happy.