Respected Contributor

Re: Where Did the rush of toiletpaper/shortage come from?

@Kachina624 wrote:

Okay, now explain the shortage of eggs and the big price increase if you do find any.  Did the hens get upset and quit laying?  Are people hoarding eggs?  If so, there'll soon be a big stink, especially since the weather is warming.  Usually around Easter they're plentiful and dirt cheap.

Where, oh where have all the eggs gone?  🐔

We still have eggs in my stores so don't know. Still no TP though. I am fortunate as I have relatives who raise chickens so I get farm-fresh eggs, and they're so much better than store IMO.

Honored Contributor

So far around here where we shop the things that are not there are the paper products/bleach/Clorox and the hand stuff. There is plenty of hand-bath soap, at the same prices as before. 

No for my wife her favorite Starbucks store(inside Target) is closed. I could not care less about that. In fact I think it will help our bank account by not so many $6 a pop times ????

Prices on milk went down, same with bananas and grapes per pound. My General Mills cereals have remained the same, but a couple of the "giant" sizes were cleaned out Friday. Wife picked them up today. Eggs? beats me, I don't eat them and we have a least 2 dozen in the fridge.

Oops! My laundry timer just went off, gotta run down the steps and put them in the dryer. Only 1 more load to go.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

While some people fear supply shortages, another reason I heard was because more people are at home, so they need more.  (The article I can't locate at this time.)

Closed businesses, schools, hotels, etc. have some, but it's not being used.  They get their TP from other sources, but most people wouldn't want to use it at home, anyway.  It's thin.  Word is they may be trying to divert some to grocery stores.  

This is also one of the reasons why their are food shortages.  More people are eating at home.  Often working people ate lunch in restaurants, schools served lunches, people went out to eat. 

Makes sense to me.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

According to the Washington Post, stress baking and hoarding are causing eggs to be in short supply. Plus, more families are home to cook three meals a day.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

oh I just posted the same, just watched the episode from CBS Sunday Morning.

Thankyou for the link I didn't know how to do it!

Honestly, my gf just told me next "shortage" is dishwasher & laundry products ...oh great, now everyone can get TP while they others hoard up Cascade & Tide!!!😏😉

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 - we have loads of eggs.  Wish I could send you some!

Super Contributor

@SugarPuff - that reminds me about when I retired, I couldn't believe how much tp I was using at home. Must have had an overactive bladder!🤣

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

Here that seems to be about the only dairy you can find anytime!

Maybe nobody bakes here🤷‍♀️ except me cuz I always have 2 dozen at all times in my fridge.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1   They keep a very long time.  I never eat them, just use for cooking and baking.  I don't like eggs.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Kachina624 

According to the Washington Post, stress baking and hoarding are causing eggs to be in short supply. Plus, more families are home to cook three meals a day.

@butterfly123   You must be right because sugar and flour are also scarce.  I didn't know we had so many 'scratch' bakers.  No bargains on eggs this Easter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment