Reply
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Posts: 451
Registered: ‎04-24-2010

Western Union

How hard is it to send money over seas through Western Union?  My sister and husband are overseas and needs me to send her some money.  Tried Money Gram and they wouldn't let her get the money.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,590
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Western Union

I think you just go to their office, and they do the rest for you.  A cyber pal sent me money once ,to make a purchase for them. All we needed was ID

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,590
Registered: ‎03-09-2010
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,475
Registered: ‎03-14-2015

Re: Western Union

[ Edited ]

OMG!

 

First it was her cousin that needed money overseas, now it's her sister!

 

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Help-with-Transfering-Money/m-p/3254353#M110628

 

 

 

She also had problems with her bank, too.

 

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/WITHDRAWING-LARGE-AMOUNT-OF-MONEY-FROM-BANK/m-p/3339235#M1...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,590
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Western Union

@shiningstar  do you have someone in real life you can discuss your situation with?

 

I'm not trying to interfere ,but, it sounds like your family are asking for money from you,  quite often.  You know ,just because people ask for it, doesn't mean you must give it to them

 

Are you elderly?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,454
Registered: ‎01-13-2013

Re: Western Union

I just came here to say, I hope this is your sister you're sending $$$ to and not a scammer!

 

This sounds very suspect to me, I hope you know what you're doing.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,475
Registered: ‎03-14-2015

Re: Western Union


@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I just came here to say, I hope this is your sister you're sending $$$ to and not a scammer!

 

This sounds very suspect to me, I hope you know what you're doing.


 

 

 

That's what people tried to impress upon her when she came here asking how to send money to her cousin who was overseas, that it reeked of being a scam.

 

 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,603
Registered: ‎05-24-2016

Re: Western Union

[ Edited ]

@shiningstar wrote:

How hard is it to send money over seas through Western Union?  My sister and husband are overseas and needs me to send her some money.  Tried Money Gram and they wouldn't let her get the money.

 

@shiningstar ~ are you SURE that this is your sister and her husband asking you for money?  Not being able to get the $$$ could be a blessing in disguise.  IMO, this scenario sounds "fishy".  Is there someone who you trust that can help you with this?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,475
Registered: ‎03-14-2015

Re: Western Union


@AKgirl wrote:

@shiningstar wrote:

How hard is it to send money over seas through Western Union?  My sister and husband are overseas and needs me to send her some money.  Tried Money Gram and they wouldn't let her get the money.

 

@shiningstar ~ are you SURE that this is your sister and her husband asking you for money?  Not being able to get the $$$ could be a blessing in disguise.  IMO, this scenario sounds "fishy".  Is there someone who you trust that can help you with this?


 

 

 

 

I, too, think that she is being scammed, ...........again.

 

 

 

When her "cousin" was overseas and "needed money", she probably sent it, and the cons realized that they had an easy mark, so now, they are targeting her a second time.

 

Just my thoughts on the situation.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,590
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Western Union

She is a real poster not just a one or 2 posts.  I  have read a few of her posts and she doesn't  ever seem to say a lot

 

I  hope she isn't getting taken