Super Contributor

How hard is it to send money over seas through Western Union?  My sister and husband are overseas and needs me to send her some money.  Tried Money Gram and they wouldn't let her get the money.

Honored Contributor

I think you just go to their office, and they do the rest for you.  A cyber pal sent me money once ,to make a purchase for them. All we needed was ID

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Western Union

[ Edited ]

OMG!

First it was her cousin that needed money overseas, now it's her sister!

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/Help-with-Transfering-Money/m-p/3254353#M110628

She also had problems with her bank, too.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/WITHDRAWING-LARGE-AMOUNT-OF-MONEY-FROM-BANK/m-p/3339235#M1...

Honored Contributor

@shiningstar  do you have someone in real life you can discuss your situation with?

I'm not trying to interfere ,but, it sounds like your family are asking for money from you,  quite often.  You know ,just because people ask for it, doesn't mean you must give it to them

Are you elderly?

Esteemed Contributor

I just came here to say, I hope this is your sister you're sending $$$ to and not a scammer!

This sounds very suspect to me, I hope you know what you're doing.

Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I just came here to say, I hope this is your sister you're sending $$$ to and not a scammer!

This sounds very suspect to me, I hope you know what you're doing.

That's what people tried to impress upon her when she came here asking how to send money to her cousin who was overseas, that it reeked of being a scam.

Respected Contributor

Re: Western Union

[ Edited ]

@shiningstar wrote:

How hard is it to send money over seas through Western Union?  My sister and husband are overseas and needs me to send her some money.  Tried Money Gram and they wouldn't let her get the money.

@shiningstar ~ are you SURE that this is your sister and her husband asking you for money?  Not being able to get the $$$ could be a blessing in disguise.  IMO, this scenario sounds "fishy".  Is there someone who you trust that can help you with this?

Esteemed Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@shiningstar wrote:

@shiningstar ~ are you SURE that this is your sister and her husband asking you for money?  Not being able to get the $$$ could be a blessing in disguise.  IMO, this scenario sounds "fishy".  Is there someone who you trust that can help you with this?

I, too, think that she is being scammed, ...........again.

When her "cousin" was overseas and "needed money", she probably sent it, and the cons realized that they had an easy mark, so now, they are targeting her a second time.

Just my thoughts on the situation.

Honored Contributor

She is a real poster not just a one or 2 posts.  I  have read a few of her posts and she doesn't  ever seem to say a lot

I  hope she isn't getting taken