Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop wrote:

Phase 3 here in Illinois has started. 

Hair salons are opening as so are restaurants as long as you eat outside on their patio and wear a mask when not eating.   Right now, sitting at a restaurant and lowering a mask to eat and drink does not sound too appealing to me.  I'm going to try to wait out the restaurants until we can eat back inside again with no masks.   

As for the hair salon, I'll be there as soon as my beautician calls me with a date for an appointment!!!   I told her, I'm really flexible, I'll take off a PTO day from work to get myself an appointment with her if need be.

@BunSnoop   My salon's open w/ very strict regulations including no blow dry service. I'm just not ready to be in that situation yet. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: READY FOR PHASE 3!

[ Edited ]

@haddon9 wrote:

My county in southeastern PA is still in phase one (red)!  We go to phase 2 June 5th (yellow) and who knows when we'll ever go to phase three (green)?

----

My county in SE PA (Berks County) also is still in Phase 1. Like you, I am not sure we ever will get to Phase 3. I think I will be happy if I just can get a hair cut.  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: READY FOR PHASE 3!

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Leelee1123 

I live in Eastchester across the street from the lake (which has not re opened and we have hopes that will happen soon) and right around the corner from Lord and Taylor that is now closing and a fairly "new" Barnes and Noble that has an amazing restaurant with outdoor dining that we are anxious to re open

@Leelee1123 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Still in Phase 1 here in the Lower Hudson Valley aka Westchester, we are about 2 blocks away from New Rochelle the original hot spot in NY.

Phase 2 includes hair and nail salons, hair will be a priority I can wait a few weeks for nails, I want to see how the salon I usually got to is set up.

I'm your neighbor in South Putnam. But I grew up in New Rochelle/Eastchester where my many relatives still live. I'm also anxious for my hair salon to open!!😊

small world! I graduated from EHS in '81 and I lived RIGHT down the road from L&T (Bradley rd off of Wimont). I went to Iona college and worked in L&T and then  Loehmans while in college. I'm sad L&T IS CLOSING. LOVE THAT STORE!  I will have to try the Barnes and Noble restaurant @I am still oxox

Honored Contributor

Just because everything opens does not make it safe. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Very true. And very scary. 

Everything is reopening because people got tired of staying home. Not because it is safe to go back to normal.

The virus probably isn’t “coming back” in the fall because it is most likely still going to be here because people don’t think they need to make any effort.

Honored Contributor

They keep saying it could come back in the fall.  Well, for it to come back, it first has to leave!  I like the picture -- it is very cute.  And I guess a lot of us do kind of feel this way.  I am happy that more things are opening up because I know people who own small businesses are suffering, but I'm still going to be homebound for the most part.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

@Leelee1123 My daughter lives in White Plains - she temporarily moved out of her apartment to a friends house in Armonk (?). She has an 8 y/o and twin 4 1/2 y/o. At least they were able to go outside in the yard or take a walk. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Although places are opening in my area, I'm still laying low.  The only place I've gone to since all this began is the grocery store or the drive-thru at a fast food restaurant.

As far as my job, there is no hurry to get any of us back into the office.  There is word that we will be working from home until a vaccine is created.  Fine with me!  I'm thrilled (and thankful) that I'm able to continue working from home.

Respected Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden  Very true. And very scary. 

Everything is reopening because people got tired of staying home. Not because it is safe to go back to normal.

The virus probably isn’t “coming back” in the fall because it is most likely still going to be here because people don’t think they need to make any effort.

The virus is not going away.

The flu season will arrive while Covid-19 is here. Each year they develop a flu shot to counter act what type of flu will be around. How they are going to develop a flu shot this year for the type of flu that will be predicted has many wondering and how successful it will be. Symptoms for both are alike.

People have to live with the conditions they are facing, and face the fact the pandemic is staying. You can only do so much. Life will resume in one way or another.

Honored Contributor

In light of some recent events, many stores and restaurants have closed again.