Respected Contributor

How many of you remember either attending or having pajama parties when you were a young teen?   

I remember going to my friend's houses and staying up late talking about boys and playing with make-up.   I remember we used to set each others hair using Dippity-Do. Usually it was a group of 5-6 girls and we would have the best time.  Around midnight someone's mother would usually pop into the room and tell us it was time to go to sleep but we seldom did.  

Around 1:00 AM we would slowly start to drop off to sleep.  I remember having a few slumber parties at my house. My dad worked shift work so I would often have my party on nights he worked 11:00 PM to 7:00.AM.  That way we could make more noise and my mother was always cool with us laughing and coming down into the kitchen to snack throughout the evening.

Those were such good times.  I wonder if teenage girls even still have slumber parties?

Valued Contributor

Thank you for bringing back some really good memories.  My friends and I still have sleep overs at one of my friend's summer home on the lake.  Some things have changed, none of us are eager to put on bathing suits and none of us can sleep on the floor.  Can't get up.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pajama Parties!

[ Edited ]

@J Town Girl -

I hope they still do but maybe not right now.

I loved the ones especially at my best friends house. WE always had those individual frozen pizzas which I thought were the best things ever.

We would watch Outer Limits until yes about 1 am.

Once we all stayed up til 5 am to watch the sun come up.We went outside but some fell asleep before the sun came up. I still remember that night. It was a wonderufl memory.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@J Town Girl  That is one of my fondest memories of my young years. It was the only time my mother would allow me to stay up as long as I wanted. When my daughters were old enough, I made sure they had the best sleepovers EVER!

They still brag about how nice they were, and all the preparation that went into each one of them. I sometimes miss those days, and how excited they would be. I was dubbed, "The Cool Mom"😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles -

Me tooSmiley Happy I loved having sleepover parties for my kids, especially when they were teenagers. So great to see them having a good time, laughing, and really enjoying being together.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay  Exactly! That is what made it all worth while.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Re: Pajama Parties!

[ Edited ]

@J Town Girl 

wow great memories of pajama parties!

I've been reliving some fun memories from my Jersey shore days listening to Jerry Blavat Geator with the Heater Margate memories shows Saturday nights.

My gd was sharing the fun dancing via Skype tonight.  She gets a kick out of records on the turntable vs. Apple Music.  We have our virtual saturday dance parties & sleepover -- sometimes I conk out before her😉

I don't think kids do sleepovers anymore but I guess more things to worry about in life than when we were kids -- a simpler time🙂

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl   Oh my, great memories...lots of snacks, laughing and talking about boys.  Dippity do I used to use that stuff as well.  I don't recall doing each others hair but we sure had fun.

I do not recall my granddaughters ever talking about slumber parties, it's probably not cool now.

Esteemed Contributor

@J Town Girl    Dippity do!!!  LOL, that was such a blast from the past.

I loved the pajama partys we used to have as kids.  We would stay up late, tell ghost stories, play music and dance like crazy to the Archies "Sugar Sugar".  I'm laughing by myself over here, such fun times and memories.   My kids were not big on sleepovers, the ones I had were the group of college kids practicing their band playing in the basement.....

Those, I couldn't wait for them to end Smiley Happy  

Valued Contributor

Oh yes! We had so much fun! Laughing til we were sick, eating till we wer sick! LOL They always featured scary real to life stories. I remember one at my house where we got so scared we went and got kitchen knives and slept with them under our pillows. We lived in the country and I think the stories featured being isolated out in the country.