Honored Contributor

March 2016 Back Fence

[ Edited ]

Welcome Friends and Visitors to the Back Fence

Image result for early spring flowers 

Depending on where you are in the country, you could be seeing blooms struggle up through the snow or you may have some blooms already in their glory.  Spring is on it's way...
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Belated anniversary greetings to Sue and Jim.  53 years, what a blessing.

Respected Contributor

I see I had best get up early if I ever want to start this thread again. LOL.

Won's say much as I am really upset - I backed out of my driveway late yesterday afternoon and nailed the car parked behind my driveway. People on the south of me now have four cars and they REFUSE to park any of them inside where everyone always has parked there. I have tried to miss them but yesterday I did not. Long story short the guy got really smart mouth with me and said he has the right and all who now live at his home, have the right to park anywhere on the street. He is technically correct but this is a little narrow one block long street - not much room out there. So he did say he would have everyone park closer to his fence - not enough room and this morning there is one car out there where my garbage cans go - ONLY place I can put them. I had to ask them about two weeks ago to please not park there on garbage days - they didn't - they parked behind my driveway. The car I nailed only has a bit of damage - yes I called my insurance company - but the rear drivers side and bumber on my car is going to be costly to fix,. Sigh. A young couple with a toddler moved in - they now have two additional roomers over there. His reason for no longer parking in the yard is he goes to work early and if they park inside he has to watch out for their dog, open and close the gate and has awakened their toddler so he will not do it. He is stupid as the problem is still his - people who lived their before him ALWAYS parked inside, they had four cars, dog and a toddler. They managed with no problems and the son in law went to work at 1 in the morning - they managed.

Have a good day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Thanx for the start off @Bird mama, weather here is nasty, icy, so I'm staying in, not taking a chance with my weak ankle.

@Winifred, sorry to hear about your mishap, neighbors can sometimes be a problem, the world sure has changed & it shows in everyday life, we have to adjust, I guess.

Nothing at the back fence today, as too icy to get out there  lol

Hope all have a good day

Honored Contributor

Nice crocuses!  There are very few left in our yard, need to replenish but the snow drop have been blooming for 2 weeks now.  We have an alley behind our house and at the south end are a BUNCH of lovely lavendar crocuses that bloom every year for many years now. 

Bulbs coming up in many yards I see when walking my dog these days but our walks in this season are hit and miss depending on the weather. 

Spring is only 19 days away.  Before I got out of bed this morning around 6A I thought I was hearing birds churping already but they certainly do shortly thereafter nowadays.  LOVE hearing the birds early in the morning!

Trusted Contributor

Re: March 2016 Back Fence

[ Edited ]

No flowers around here yet but I did hear birds chirping.   

Freddie, what a terrible way to start your day.  A little cooperation among neighbors would help.   I'm glad you were not hurt.  The couple across from us always park in their garage but when they have guests they park straight across our drive.   Makes for a lot of maneuvering and there is room for them to pull forward or back a few inches.  Guess they want to make sure they don't walk on the grass.    

Snow again today. Hasn't started yet but it looks like any minute it could start.  

Honored Contributor

My street allows for parking of cars on one side of the street - mine.  It's against the law to park at the end of my driveway on the opposite side of the street.  That said, the folks who live directly across the street from me have multiple cars and do not use their garage.  As a matter of fact, they installed privacy fencing at the top of their driveway.  Sometimes when they park in front of my house on my side of the street, they forget that the rear end of their cars need to clear my driveway.  Another thing that has peeved me so back I can barely see straight is if they are going south on the street, they drive into my driveway then back out so their cars can face north.  It's aggravating at night.  They never use my neighbor to the right of me driveway or their own driveway, it has to be my driveway, grrrrr.

Regular Contributor

Re: March 2016 Back Fence

[ Edited ]

‎02-29-2016 11:19 PM - edited ‎02-29-2016 11:37 PM

Jim and I celebrated our 53rd wedding anniversary on the 23rd and had a lovely day remembering that special day so many years ago.... seems like yesterday to both of us and we're thankful to have had our life together.

I've been enjoying looking at my belated Christmas present all afternoon. French doors with air vents on each side is something I've wanted for years and now they're a reality in our den! Yippee!

Bernie, I'm so sorry to hear of your co-worker who is about

to lose her job. I so hope something comes up quickly for her.  I'm happy to hear that you didn't fall!

Epi, how're you doing after your fall? By the way, I finally figured out why I never received your somewhat recent e mail......I no longer use that address. So sorry I didn't remember that.

meuw, anything exciting happen today at the Sheriff's dept? Sounds like a good location for a reality show from things you've mentioned.. Hope Ron didn't suffer any longlasting injuries from his fall.

Betty, Merle made a wise decision staying home during your bad weather. How's your cousin doing?

Yum, Spix, that pot roast sounded delish! It's always interesting to me to see the pairing of various foods in different parts of the country. We usually serve potatoes with pot roast in these parts, but noodles sound good and I think I may try that the next time I have a roast.

Freddie, please tell me you're feeling better. I think you're overdoing it trying to take care of everybody and all those critters rather than yourself and now you have inconsiderate neighbor's who've caused you more grief which you sure don't need!

Bernie, thanks for posting the newest web site for me. I've got too much going to remember it's a new month so need all the help I can get. And thanks for the good wishes for our anniversary and the beautiful purple flowers pushing their little heads up out of the snow.

Happy Tuesday all! Sue 

Respected Contributor

@Queenofo2, the noodles with the pot roast are "bow-ties" don't know how that started, but now it just seems that's the way it has to be, like you I would prefer mashed, my very favorite carb

I hear you all about parking, we don't have driveways (alleys) but for some reason, fairly new neighbors (foreign) to the south of me never seem to park in front of their own house, I tried talking to them, said I know it's a public street, but out of courtesy to neighbors we park in front of our own houses, finally one day I kind of blew it as I was outside when they parked, hasn't happened since hah, I was embarassed by my behaviour but it seems to have done the trick even tho they claim they don't understand/speak English.

Honored Contributor

Oy, we are getting the snow and wind right now.  The commute home was slow and I was happy to make it into my driveway without incidence.

I came home to a yard full of Robins - more than I have ever seen at one time in my life.  It was snowing and it looked odd to see Robins on my porch, in the shrubs and in the yard.  I didn't get my camera out in time to photograph them, but I did snap 3 ducks eating the food under the pavers in the yard under my pine.  Sometimes it's like Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom here (and I love it!).

IMG_0737.JPG