Esteemed Contributor

Daily Positive Thread for Thursday

Hello my friends! Ever have a day where it seems everything goes wrong? Yet in spite of that, there are still many blessings, right? Found out today my phone wouldn't work, needed to get it to T-Mobile to straighten something out, had to wait until he got home from work, so thought I'll communicate with my girls on email, sent out an email to both, then the internet went off!  Couldn't communicate all day!  After we went to T-Mobile I talked him into going out to eat and that was a blessing!  Got to visit with the owner, too, and we are booking that place up for my birthday celebration in April. 

Hope your day went well.

God never promised to make your troubles go away, but He did promise to give
you the strength and power to overcome them.  Lord, when I am weak, strengthen
me, when I forget, remind me and when the day is done, accept my thanksgiving
because without You I am nothing.

S C R I P T U R E   F O R   T H E   D A Y  

"Your kingdom come. Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."
~Matthew 6:10

M E D I T A T I O N   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I need pray only for strength and that God's will be done.  I can use
God's unlimited store of strength for my needs.  I can seek God's will
for me.  I can strive for consciousness of God's presence, for God is
the light of the world.  I have become a pilgrim, who needs only
marching orders and strength and guidance for this day.

P R A Y E R   F O R   T H E   D A Y 

I pray that I may seek God's guidance day by day.  I pray that I may
strive to abide in God's presence.

The Bus Driver

A bus driver was very friendly, polite, and helpful to every single passenger. When asked, the bus driver said the following:

"I heard about another bus driver who was very friendly, polite, and helpful to every single passenger. One day this bus driver received an inheritance from one of his passengers. Forthwith I also became very friendly, polite, and helpful to every single passenger. And now I enjoy my passengers' happiness so much that I don't even care any more whether I will inherit something or not..."

- - -
Galatians 6:7 - Do not deceive yourselves; no one makes a fool of God.  A person will reap exactly what he plants.

"Who is Walking in Our Steps?"

My three year-old was on my heels no matter where I went. Whenever I 
stopped to do something and turned back around, I would trip over him.

I patiently suggested fun activities to keep him occupied. But he simply 
smiled an innocent smile and said, "Oh that's all right, Mommy. I'd 
rather be in here with you." Then he continued to bounce happily along behind me.

After stepping on his toes for the fifth time, I began to lose 
patience. When I asked him why he was acting this way, he looked up at me with sweet green eyes and said:

"Well Mommy, my teacher told me to walk in Jesus' footsteps! I can't 
see Him, so I'm walking in yours!"

Why Did Jesus Fold the Napkin?

Why did Jesus fold the linen burial cloth after His resurrection? I never noticed this....

The Gospel of John (20:7) tells us that the napkin, which was placed over the face of Jesus, was not just thrown aside like the grave clothes.

The Bible takes an entire verse to tell us that the napkin was neatly folded, and was placed at the head of that stony coffin.

Early Sunday morning, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene came to the tomb and found that the stone had been rolled away from the entrance.

She ran and found Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one whom Jesus loved. She said, 'They have taken the Lord's body out of the tomb, and I don't know where they have put him!'

Peter and the other disciple ran to the tomb to see. The other disciple out ran Peter and got there first. He stopped and looked in and saw the linen cloth lying there, but he didn't go in.

Then Simon Peter arrived and went inside. He also noticed the linen wrappings lying there, while the cloth that had covered Jesus' head was folded up and lying to the side.

Was that important? Absolutely!

Is it really significant? Yes!

In order to understand the significance of the folded napkin, you have to understand a little bit about Hebrew tradition of that day.

The folded napkin had to do with the Master and Servant, and every
Jewish boy knew this tradition.

When the servant set the dinner table for the master, he made sure that it was exactly the way the master wanted it.

The table was furnished perfectly, and then the servant would wait, just out of sight, until the master had finished eating, and the servant would not dare touch that table, until the master was finished..

Now if the master were done eating, he would rise from the table, wipe his fingers, his mouth, and clean his beard, and would wad up that napkin and toss it onto the table.

The servant would then know to clear the table. For in those days, the wadded napkin meant, "I'm finished.."

But if the master got up from the table, and folded his napkin, and laid it beside his plate, the servant would not dare touch the table, because..........

The folded napkin meant,

"I'm coming back!"

Easter Prayer
Heavenly Father and God of mercy, we no longer look for Jesus among the dead, for he is alive and has become the Lord of life. From the waters of death you raise us with him and renew your gift of life within us. Increase in our minds and hearts the risen life we share with Christ, and help us to grow as your people toward the fullness of eternal life with you. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer for the Fruits of Christ's Resurrection
God, the Father of lights, you have glorified the world by the light of the risen Christ. Brighten our hearts today with the light of your faith. 

Through your risen Son you opened the gate of eternal life for all human beings. Grant to us who work out our salvation daily the hope of eternal life. 

You accepted the sacrifice of your Son and raised him from the dead. Accept the offering of our work which we perform for your glory and the salvation of all people. 

Open our minds and hearts to our brothers and sisters. Help us to love and serve one another. 

Your Son rose to lift up the downtrodden, comfort the sorrowful, cure the sick, and bring joy to the world. Help all people to cast off sin and ignorance and enjoy your Son's paschal victory.

The ABC´s of Mercy

Ask for His Mercy. God wants us to approach Him in prayer constantly, repenting of our sins and asking Him to pour His mercy out upon us and upon the whole world.

Be Merciful to Others. God wants us to receive His mercy and let it flow through us to others. He wants us to extend love and forgiveness to others just as He does to us.

Completely Trust in Jesus. God wants us to know that the graces of His mercy are dependent upon our trust. The more we trust in Jesus, the more we will receive.

Verse of the Day

"I pray that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation as you come to know him, so that, with the eyes of your heart enlightened, you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance among the saints, and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power for us who believe, according to the working of his great power."

Ephesians 1:17-19

March 30 - Jesus Calling

I am taking care of you. Trust Me at all times. Trust Me in all circumstances. Trust Me with all your heart. When you are weary and everything seems to be going wrong, you can still utter these four words: “I trust You, Jesus.” By doing so, you release matters into My control, and you fall back into the security of My everlasting arms.

Before you arise from your bed in the morning, I have already arranged the events of your day. Every day provides many opportunities for you to learn My ways and grow closer to Me. Signs of My Presence brighten even the dullest day when you have eyes that really see. Search for Me as for hidden treasure. I will be found by you.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
—Proverbs 3:5

The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He will drive out your enemy before you, saying, “Destroy him!”
—Deuteronomy 33:27

“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”
—Jeremiah 29:13–14

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Daily Positive Thread for Thursday

Esteemed Contributor

Here's another on on Mother Angelica:

Frequent Contributor

CA6697.jpg