Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Hope you are OK Bernie - that slipping and sliding are not good. You can still put trash, etc out in bags - we have not been able to do that in many years. Trash company furnishes big containers on wheels and out they go. Sometimes it is difficult to roll those things through my gravel driveway. Ugh. Mine go out night before pickup as pickup often is right after daybreak. They start at 6 a.m. There are times I wish the bags would still work but I guess the containers are actually a lot better.

Horrible weather here late yesterday - a big storm front rolled though - cold with lots of hail. The wind also was fierce. My coffee sure was good this morning. My house once again feels like an ice chest - yes the heater is on but it just never seems to do real well. Nothing wrong with it - simply that it is a wall heater - cannot stand those things. Actually I love the floor furnaces but rarely see them out here any more.

Hope one and all have a good day!! Betty, you about ready to hit the road?

@Winifred  I think you need a Duraflame.  I bought two last year, and the one in the kitchen and family room have been wonderful.  They heat up quickly and the pups love them also.

Honored Contributor

Well Back Fencers, I must say, we did well this month with just over 100 posts to this thread.

Can't believe we are in the last day of the first quarter of the year - time sure is zipping right by.

My youngest great niece Fiona is 7 months already and starting to scoot around.  Seems like I just announced her birth, lol.

It's sort of warm, but gray and rainy outside of my window.  I think we might be in for severe storms later.

Since Freddie leaves the coffee, I'm leaving some shepherd's pie

There's a baking dish of it over there, by the coffee pot.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

The 2016 April Back Fence is up

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/April-2016-Back-Fence/td-p/2669196

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise