Respected Contributor

Morning, Yes I'm cooking for Easter, don't mind it as I do like to cook, & it get's the family together.  Hopefully no rain so we can do the egg hunt, but will have to keep Sadie in as I'm sure she'd spoil it.  Yesterday it rained all day, got my car out the back in when the snow started, didn't last long thankfully.

Today need to get out for last minute items, veggies etc. still don't have the menu down completely yet, thinking of doing a few different things, that'll shake 'em up  lol, do have the ham & leg o lamb so that's settled.

Coffee at the back fence @Winifred?  I have some english muffins I'll drop off

Honored Contributor

To all my forum friends at the Back Fence, Happy Easter.

http://www.americangreetings.com/ecards/easter/blessed-easter/pn/3368862

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Hope one and all had a great day and you found all the Easter eggs which were hidden - no fun in finding some a month later. LOL.

Church was great - lots of people there - but had to laugh at one of our regular members. She came in at the prayer ending the services. LOL

Beautiful day here - hope it was elsewhere although my oldest grand sent a picture saying Happy Easter in Kansas - snow everywhere. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee.

Am tired - need to hit the sack as my military Father use to tell us.

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone,

I hope that each of you had a great weekend and lovely Easter.

It's raining on and off here and I just looked out of the office window and noticed some buds on my big silver maple in the front yard.  My grass is greening up, slowly but surely and I'm sure I'll be cutting grass in no time.

Respected Contributor

Morning, not much going on today, deal with the leftovers is about it

Yes my grass does need to be cut, that's DD's job, the back yard is not in great condition, had started to recover (2 years dogless) but now with Sadie, it's a losing battle but it's her yard  LOL

Have some leftover lamb cake at the back fence, hope @Winifred left some hot coffee

Trusted Contributor

We had thunderstorms last night.   It's much colder today but the forthysia is popping out as well as star magnolias and daffodils.   

We went to a buffet yesterday after church.  It was very nice except they forgot to cook the roast beef.  My kids were delighted but Merle and I don't like bright red meat.  Everything else was great.  Im not much of a ham eater but there was also chicken, pork and fish.   Lots of veggies.  The grape tomatoes were outstanding.  Boston cream pie polished it off for me.  

Honored Contributor

@yock

I hear ya - I rarely eat meat and when I do, especially beef, I don't like it to look like there might be some signs of life left.

I had left over pizza and garlic bread for dinner yesterday and was happy. 

Honored Contributor

Re: March 2016 Back Fence

[ Edited ]

I'm back to work after my 4 day weekend and my left arm is killing me. 

I shot out of bed when I heard the garbage truck.  I usually put my garbage out day of pick up.  My accent rugs are rubber backed.  I feel it's necessary to say this because when I hit the one rug at an angle, it slipped and so did I.

Although I landed on my rump, I must have fought part of the way down, because I scraped and banged the side of my upper left arm (between elbow and shoulder) on a table.  

Not one to cave to pain and disorientation, I ran out of the attached garage, possibly looking squirrely and got my two bags to the curb.

Mind you, I was wearing a long sleeved v neck tee so once I resumed my normal habit of getting everyone up and ready for the day, all I thought was man, Bernie, you did a number on your wrist and forearm when you broke your fall.  It wasn't until I was getting dressed and putting on my antiperspirant that I saw the bruise and scrape.

I will be checking the rug later to find why it slipped. 

Respected Contributor

Hope you are OK Bernie - that slipping and sliding are not good. You can still put trash, etc out in bags - we have not been able to do that in many years. Trash company furnishes big containers on wheels and out they go. Sometimes it is difficult to roll those things through my gravel driveway. Ugh. Mine go out night before pickup as pickup often is right after daybreak. They start at 6 a.m. There are times I wish the bags would still work but I guess the containers are actually a lot better.

Horrible weather here late yesterday - a big storm front rolled though - cold with lots of hail. The wind also was fierce. My coffee sure was good this morning. My house once again feels like an ice chest - yes the heater is on but it just never seems to do real well. Nothing wrong with it - simply that it is a wall heater - cannot stand those things. Actually I love the floor furnaces but rarely see them out here any more.

Hope one and all have a good day!! Betty, you about ready to hit the road?

Honored Contributor

@Winifred

When I lived in Detroit, we had big cans on wheels provided by the city. 

For now, Waste Management picks up bags at the curb however my city that I live in now is talking about getting bids for waste collection.

If we get somebody other than Waste Management, I could be looking at one of those gymongus (made that word up) garbage cans on wheels again.

The cans aren't too bad, except for when we get lots of snow.  Then it's like wrestling a dead man to get the can to the end of the driveway.

I went to bed with a water bottle that had some water and small ice cubes in it.  It helped take the ache out of the bruise and I didn't need to take any kind of OTC pain medication. 

The wrist is still sore, but I'm okay today.  Just black and blue on my upper arm.