Valued Contributor

Liquid Knit = Polyester

[ Edited ]

Why is it so difficult to grasp that...liquid knit IS polyester?

Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714.  Who is not grasping?  Of course its polyester; so wat's wrong with that?  Poly has come a long way since the 70s and is truly a miracle fiber that can be made to duplicate anything from fine silk to wool

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

i think that those of us who purchase it and love its qualities know what it is.

nothing difficult to grasp at all.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

But it is Susan that keeps promoting it like it is her very own liquid knit discovery fabric. Why can't she just say it is polyester!  

Honored Contributor

@QP Doll wrote:

But it is Susan that keeps promoting it like it is her very own liquid knit discovery fabric. Why can't she just say it is polyester!  

many other designers on qvc have their own versions and they are all called something different. they all dont necessarily feel the same or have the same weight. you can find it called "something else" in brick and mortar stores and in online stores and in catalogs.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@QP Doll. Beacuae she wants to give the impression that hers is "special".  All the Q lines use a ton of polyester.  Once I heard a host describe Bob Mackie's poly as being "like liquid knit".  He took offense and said, "No, it is not".  But in essence it is.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Re: Liquid Knit = Polyester

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@QP Doll. Beacuae she wants to give the impression that hers is "special".  All the Q lines use a ton of polyester.  Once I heard a host describe Bob Mackie's poly as being "like liquid knit".  He took offense and said, "No, it is not".  But in essence it is.

I would think he'd know, after all. he really is a famous designer, not like S Graver.

I live in S Florida, so none, zero, zilch of this polyester in my closet, by whatever name you call it.  Believe me, it does not feel like silk, regardless of what it 'mimics.'  I sweat just thinking about it. 

Valued Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I would think he'd know, after all. he really is a famous designer, not like S Graver.

I live in S Florida, so none, zero, zilch of this polyester in my closet, by whatever name you call it.  Believe me, it does not feel like silk, regardless of what it  'mimics.'  I sweat just thinking about it. 

@Harvard99  You get it, thank you.

Respected Contributor

Ah, so anyone who likes polyester, for whatever reason, doesn't get it. Now I understand.

Honored Contributor

I never had delusions that it was otherwise.    Thought maybe she had a registered trademark on her product.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥