Esteemed Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@QP Doll. Beacuae she wants to give the impression that hers is "special".  All the Q lines use a ton of polyester.  Once I heard a host describe Bob Mackie's poly as being "like liquid knit".  He took offense and said, "No, it is not".  But in essence it is.

I would think he'd know, after all. he really is a famous designer, not like S Graver.

I live in S Florida, so none, zero, zilch of this polyester in my closet, by whatever name you call it.  Believe me, it does not feel like silk, regardless of what it 'mimics.'  I sweat just thinking about it. 

I wouldn't want to wear liquid knit in hot weather.  And it's far from silk, imo.  

Respected Contributor

Do not wear this on a hot day or out in the sun on a cool day or you might have a heat stroke.  It does not breathe.  It is like wearing a plastic bag.   

Honored Contributor

SG can call it whatever she wants... I LOVE her liquid knit!  Unlike any other "polyester" products I've tried.  If I could afford it, my whole wardrobe would consist mainly of SG's liquid knit. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Liquid Knit = Polyester

[ Edited ]

Each clothing vendor has their own name for polyester.

We all know what it is and some others better.  Susans liquid knit is just that its soft and flowy.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Snowhite714 George Simonton had a "milky knit" when he presented his clothing line on the Q.  I have a few of his things.  Loved a lot of his designs and the way he presented things and described the "hand" of the fabric and the stitches and tailoring details.

Honored Contributor

For me liquid knit is cold in the winter and too warm for summer so there are not  many days that it is comfortable to wear.Some of the athletic versions are a little better in warm weather but I think nothing beats natural fibers then.The bad story on polyesters is that they don’t break down and are causing a huge problem in our landfills.The polyester fabric is relatively cheap to produce and clothing has become disposable for that reason.

Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

Why is it so dificult to grasp that...liquid knit IS polyester?

and it's like wearing a plastic bag.  

Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714LN is polyester, but why is it so hard to grasp the nption that not all polyester is alike.  If I like the style and color of the piece in Graver's collection, I'm likely to like the liquid knit.  Besides which I know from personal experience that the liquid knit wears better, keeps its color better, etc. than some very famous designers who even have their own stores where they sell their version of polyester.

Here at QVC, there's lots of polyester in Louis' collection because even he tells hisd fans that the current polyester is not the poly from the 1980's.  I haven't tried his -  have yet to find a gasrment in a style and color I could be quite sure of liking., but I'm willing to bet some of his fans have worn his version ---  and yes, it's just polyester whatever they call it!

Esteemed Contributor

I understand that some of you have a problem with Susan’s tops being too hot in the Summer.I have several of her liquid knit sleeveless tiered tops along with some of Louis’ sleeveless tops. I wear them during the Summer & don’t find them to be too hot at all.

Honored Contributor

Polyester is all alike in the fact that it is plastic.  It can be woven in different ways but plastic is it's first name.

Our landfills are full of it.  It does not break down.  It is also runining our waterways.  Small fibers are broken off in the wash.  They are deposited into our sewer systems and end up in the ocean.  It's killing plants and animals.

The fabric is cheap and looks nice, but it's really killing our earth.