Respected Contributor

I understand some might not like polyester (liquid knit) but it doesn't wrinkle, washes well, looks nice on, etc.

I am not interested in wearing cotton or linen in the summer.  It is always wrinkled and looks like I slept in it. So what material is left?

Honored Contributor
Liquid knit is like wearing Sarah wrap in the middle of the summer here in Texas. Liquid knit does not breathe....and when I hear “ it keeps you cool and breathes” I just shake my head.
Honored Contributor

Susan has some really nice clothes-I would buy some but the polyester factor prevents me from purchasing anything from her line.

Polyester may have come a long way but it is still not natural and does not do well on my skin.

All anyone has to do is read the description to see that Liquid Knit is polyester but it's a blend specific to her line.

I'm not sure why this is such a big issue; it's a type of polyester material exclusive to Susan's line.

Not all polyester is the same.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Huh?????   Everyone knows that Liquid Knit is polyester.  It's not a secret or something that SG hides.  It's a great knit fabric and it's obvious that shoppers love it.  All the designers here have their own version of it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

Why is it so dificult to grasp that...liquid knit IS polyester?

Ugh.......I'm not a polyester fan. It doesn't breathe, and is nothing like a lovely cotton top. Some polyesters are made well (like Chico's, and Soft surroundings) but I've found the Graver tops to be overpriced. Look at the sleeves; a simple sewn hem,  no sleeve finishing.......for $60.00? I don't think so!

Esteemed Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Snowhite714 George Simonton had a "milky knit" when he presented his clothing line on the Q.  I have a few of his things.  Loved a lot of his designs and the way he presented things and described the "hand" of the fabric and the stitches and tailoring details.

Boy do I miss George Simonton! He was a true designer. That was the Q's mistake to let him go. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like it and doubt if I order again.

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Snowhite714 George Simonton had a "milky knit" when he presented his clothing line on the Q.  I have a few of his things.  Loved a lot of his designs and the way he presented things and described the "hand" of the fabric and the stitches and tailoring details.

Loved his clothing and how he presented them. A real

class act. He really knew how to flatter women. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@QP Doll. Beacuae she wants to give the impression that hers is "special".  All the Q lines use a ton of polyester.  Once I heard a host describe Bob Mackie's poly as being "like liquid knit".  He took offense and said, "No, it is not".  But in essence it is.

I would think he'd know, after all. he really is a famous designer, not like S Graver.

I live in S Florida, so none, zero, zilch of this polyester in my closet, by whatever name you call it.  Believe me, it does not feel like silk, regardless of what it  'mimics.'  I sweat just thinking about it. 

@Harvard99  You get it, thank you.

I get it too!  Can't imagine wearing it during Texas summers.

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I understand some might not like polyester (liquid knit) but it doesn't wrinkle, washes well, looks nice on, etc.

I am not interested in wearing cotton or linen in the summer.  It is always wrinkled and looks like I slept in it. So what material is left?

I wear mostly 100% cotton all year around.  My clothing doesn't look wrinkled at all, and I don't iron any of it except for a formal occasion.  Cotton is made into knits too and it breathes and is comfortable.  I agree that linen looks wrinkled the minute you move an inch it it.  I have a few pieces, but it is not my favorite.