Honored Contributor

Re: If You Have An Auto Lock On Your Clothes Washer, Question Please

@jackthebear .............Thanks for your answer, I appreciate it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I hate the auto-lock on my washer.  When I start a load, it takes about 5-7 seconds of water running before I can open the lid.  I add detergent, and softener if needed, then. Then I can let the water run for a minute before adding clothes.  It's the only chance I have to add anything.  

I hate it,  Ive been doing laundry for 50+  years

and don't need that nonsense

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@ECBG .........Since I do not use Oxyclean I did not know that.  Thanks for your reply.  I hope you can figure this out and it works well for you.

@Imaoldhippie Thank you Dear.  Looks like I'll have to use their detergent on white clothing unless they come up with a different product.

Esteemed Contributor

The washing machine I had before this one. I was able to put in the clothes while the water was running, and also fill the dispensers.

With this machine, the clothes has to go in first, fill the dispensers close the lid and then turn it on. We were told not to try to do otherwise because the machine has to balance the weight of the clothes. I like to look inside the lid to see the little dance it does while trying to weigh the clothes, then once the balancing is done, then the water goes in.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

The washing machine I had before this one. I was able to put in the clothes while the water was running, and also fill the dispensers.

With this machine, the clothes has to go in first, fill the dispensers close the lid and then turn it on. We were told not to try to do otherwise because the machine has to balance the weight of the clothes. I like to look inside the lid to see the little dance it does while trying to weigh the clothes, then once the balancing is done, then the water goes in.

@Sage04 Even though this is a top loader, I have a glass top door.  I can see everything, Sometimes it looks like there wasn't enough water added.  I put on "double" final rinse since I was pulling out a small amount of suds in the beginning.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  yes mine is a top loader also with a beautiful glass lid that fell on my head twice while I was trying to climb in to get the clothes that were at the bottom. That tub is huge, without an agitator, which we prefer. It washes King Comforters without any problems.

I can´t believe that the one you have does not have the different compartments. How could they do that? Maybe it´s hiding somewhere.

Hope you find a liquid detergent that works for your whites.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@ECBG  yes mine is a top loader also with a beautiful glass lid that fell on my head twice while I was trying to climb in to get the clothes that were at the bottom. That tub is huge, without an agitator, which we prefer. It washes King Comforters without any problems.

I can´t believe that the one you have does not have the different compartments. How could they do that? Maybe it´s hiding somewhere.

Hope you find a liquid detergent that works for your whites.

@Sage04 Sounds very similar.  I have an LG set.

Oxyclean is everywhere, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Imaoldhippie Hello my Dear.  AS I explained earlier, oxyclean can mark clothes and needs to be very dissolved and added to a large amount of water.  Oxyclean does not seem to come in a liquid without the detergent added.

I wear a lot of white in the summer at work.

@ECBG 

the oxyclean does come in liquid form....with no detergent added.

https://www.oxiclean.com/-/media/oxiclean/content/product-images/oxiclean-odor-blasters-liquid-oxlbf-01207-01_front_8bit.png

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 THANK YOU!!!!!  I'll try to find it!!!!Smiley Happy