Honored Contributor

If You Have An Auto Lock On Your Clothes Washer, Question Please

We have a new washer that we got several months ago.  It locks down, measures the weight of the clothes and then the water comes in.  If I stop it, then I have to move wet clothes which I don't want to do.

How do you handle using specifically oxyclean, are do you use the liquid that has the soap please?

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: If You Have An Auto Lock On Your Clothes Washer, Question Please

@ECBG @I use the liquid but I am thinking I could mix 5he powder with water and try to use it up that way.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@ECBG @I use the liquid but I am thinking I could mix 5he powder with water and try to use it up that way.

@dex I'm afraid of slowly desolving crystals which would spot.

Occasional Contributor

I have had an IG  with a lock feature for a few years....I use the dry and toss it in and close door and start .everything comes out just fine...

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  I´ve paused mine a few times, either to put more clothes in while it´s filling up or to close the compartments that hold the soap powder and fabric softner (I´ve left them open at least twice). We use the liquid soap powder but my other sister uses the powder.

Why would you have to move the wet clothes once you pause it? I usually just close it and press start again.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG I guess we could just use it as a cleaner for washing floors etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  do you have a compartment to put the powder or do you put it directly inside the tub?

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@ECBG  I´ve paused mine a few times, either to put more clothes in while it´s filling up or to close the compartments that hold the soap powder and fabric softner (I´ve left them open at least twice). We use the liquid soap powder but my other sister uses the powder.

Why would you have to move the wet clothes once you pause it? I usually just close it and press start again.

@Sage04 Thank you.  I know from experience that oxyclean can spot.  If you have a white shirt with blue threads, and it were to get hit, bye, bye blue threads.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@ECBG  do you have a compartment to put the powder or do you put it directly inside the tub?

@Sage04 I have a bleach compartment.  The liquid automatically comes with detergent.

Honored Contributor

NEVER thought of this problem because I don't wear white in the winter.