Esteemed Contributor

Re: If You Have An Auto Lock On Your Clothes Washer, Question Please

@ECBG  would this work. Once it´s filled up. click pause, disolve the powder and pour it in the water, then stir it around for a few seconds and turn it back on?

Honored Contributor

My next washer is going to have no bells and whistles. I have a front loader and do not like it.

We have replaced the seal on the door twice...and I swear it does not use enough water.

Esteemed Contributor

I still prefer the old time washing machines. This new one is huge. I need help getting the clothes from the bottom lol. I´ve leaned over a few times and the cpver fell on my head so now rather than using a stool, I take a hanger and pull the clothes to where I can reach them.

I know someone who uses a pair of thongs to reach the clothes lol

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@sunshine45  you can do that with some of the machines. The one that @ECBG  and the one that I have, need to have the clothes in so that it can balance the weight before the water goes in. The different with mine is that I have compartments for the soap.

@Sage04 

mine has that feaure also, BUT, with mine i can change the water level as desired. i dont have to only use the presets. i dont generally use the presets at all.....i like controlling the amount of water that goes in.  i have compartments also, but rarely use them other than the fabric softener.

by the way, oxiclean does make their products in liquid form instead of the powders. they would be much easier to incorporate.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@ECBG  would this work. Once it´s filled up. click pause, disolve the powder and pour it in the water, then stir it around for a few seconds and turn it back on?

@Sage04 I had thought of doing what you suggested.  Unless every crystal dissolved, there would be a high likelihood of a mark and those would be what I work in. 

Thank you.  Looks like it's their liquid detergent.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG 

We have a new machine that does the same as you mentioned on startup. The only reason I ever stop a cycle is to throw in some clothes I missed, something like that.

I use Nellie's laundry soda(?) and have for years. If I want to use bleach it goes in a auto dispenser in the machine. Can't say I've ever gone in to move wet clothes, don't know why I would have done so.

My wife likes to throw in some Downy pellets that make her clothes smell good, but i don't. When I wash her clothes I throw a few in just so I can tell her I did. Smells the same to me with or without them to me.

That's my routine when washing, other than what cycle I decide to use.

hckynut 🏒

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut Thanks!  Oxyclean bleaches so there is my delimma.  I've decided to go with the liquid soap.  I don't have any soap/additive allergies, so that is my only alternative.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

NEVER thought of this problem because I don't wear white in the winter.

Me neither except I don't wear whit anytime of the year. I don't even buy white anything. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have an empty gallon plastic jug above my washer and if I need to add more detergent, or even a significant amount of clothes I have forgotten, I just fill the jug up with water and open the chute where you would normally put the detergent, put more detergent in, pouring the jug of water into the chute, it moves it into the washer and close the detergent chute. 

I also will add a gallon of water sometimes when I add a few more pieces of clothing to the washer after it has already filled. Just tap the control button which pauses the machine and then after about 30 sec it unlocks so I can open the door and throw more clothes in.  Then I add the extra gallon of water into the detergent chute. 

Honored Contributor

I have one of those

I found a way to bypass it

look on you tube for instructions 

hate it