Esteemed Contributor

Re: If You Have An Auto Lock On Your Clothes Washer, Question Please

@ECBG  so far my sister hasn´t had a problem with the oxyclean (that´s what she uses) but her´s goes in a compartment so once the water hits it, it disolves.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@ECBG  I´ve paused mine a few times, either to put more clothes in while it´s filling up or to close the compartments that hold the soap powder and fabric softner (I´ve left them open at least twice). We use the liquid soap powder but my other sister uses the powder.

Why would you have to move the wet clothes once you pause it? I usually just close it and press start again.

@Sage04 Honey, if I don't move the clothes, undissolved powder can leave a mark.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  I never understood why the cover has to be locked. We lived without that feature for years. I don´t like it. I like the way it makes the clean clothes neat and tidy. It takes the large piece of clothing and covers the others underneat.

At one time when it was finished washing, it would sing but not anymore.

Honored Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@ECBG  so far my sister hasn´t had a problem with the oxyclean (that´s what she uses) but her´s goes in a compartment so once the water hits it, it disolves.

@Sage04 I have a liquid compartment with a small slit.  Does she have a compartment for powder?

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  that´s a lot of work lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  yes, she has a compartment for powder.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   I asssume you are talking about dry/granules oxyclean...if so I put the oxyclean in the washer before the clothes, give the washer a few spins with my hand and then add the clothes...not sure if I fully understand your question 

Honored Contributor

open lid......add cleaning products to tub or dispensers.....start filling with water (and it locks again.) once it has filled enough to dissolve powders/tablets/bleach crystals, i then pause and it unlocks. i then add the clothing in and close the lid again.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45  you can do that with some of the machines. The one that @ECBG  and the one that I have, need to have the clothes in so that it can balance the weight before the water goes in. The different with mine is that I have compartments for the soap.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@ECBG   I asssume you are talking about dry/granules oxyclean...if so I put the oxyclean in the washer before the clothes, give the washer a few spins with my hand and then add the clothes...not sure if I fully understand your question 

@Mom2Dogs Thank you.  This washer (everything is environmental now),

measures the weight of the clothes before the water is added.  I have liiked through the glass top and thought "HOW is that enough water?????"  I know from experience that oxyclean can bleach colors,