Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten    isn't your Impreza under warranty? if  the radio is covered you should take it i  and have the dealer fix the issue. there is a harness behind the radio console. like a wiring harness. needs to be fixed.

i have a 2014 Crosstrek  and its just ok. too small.   after my '03 Forester it is  a step down. the Forester was loaded, leather, sound system, sunroof. miss my weather radio

i would buy another Soobie Doo but not a low profile model like the Crosstrek

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

DD leased a 2019 Honda HRV a year ago.  She also has a 2014 Honda Civic that she drives to work. She travels over 70 miles a day and wants to keep the milage down on the new leased car.

I use the HRV.  It is a nice vehicle but the only good thing is I can get in and out of it easier than a regular car.

It has too much c*ap on it and no CD player. I drove for decades without a backup camera and never hit anything. Heated seats!  I am not that delicate that my butt will freeze off.

I don't use half of the stuff on that car. I might drive it once a week, 2x a week if I get wild and crazy.

The flippen manuel is like reading War and Peace.

Cars today have too many distractions. Does one need  a 9 inch "infotainment" screen ?  Backup cameras?  Blind spot monitors, Car Play, Places to plug in cell phones. Heated mirrors, heated seats,  Automatic start without a key.

Get me from point A to B.  The needless extras are adding thousands of dollars to cars and God forbid they break.  A friend had a fender bender that damaged a camera and the cost to repair was almost $2,000 !   

@Reever @Retired Legal Secretary. My Jeep Grand Cherokee from the nineties had heated seats. It was a wonderful thing in the cold dark snowy winter having to drive to work through mountainous roads.

Respected Contributor

Back up camera in my Crosstrek is a necessity due to the limited visibility and hatchback

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Reever wrote:

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

DD leased a 2019 Honda HRV a year ago.  She also has a 2014 Honda Civic that she drives to work. She travels over 70 miles a day and wants to keep the milage down on the new leased car.

I use the HRV.  It is a nice vehicle but the only good thing is I can get in and out of it easier than a regular car.

It has too much c*ap on it and no CD player. I drove for decades without a backup camera and never hit anything. Heated seats!  I am not that delicate that my butt will freeze off.

I don't use half of the stuff on that car. I might drive it once a week, 2x a week if I get wild and crazy.

The flippen manuel is like reading War and Peace.

Cars today have too many distractions. Does one need  a 9 inch "infotainment" screen ?  Backup cameras?  Blind spot monitors, Car Play, Places to plug in cell phones. Heated mirrors, heated seats,  Automatic start without a key.

Get me from point A to B.  The needless extras are adding thousands of dollars to cars and God forbid they break.  A friend had a fender bender that damaged a camera and the cost to repair was almost $2,000 !   

@Reever @Retired Legal Secretary. My Jeep Grand Cherokee from the nineties had heated seats. It was a wonderful thing in the cold dark snowy winter having to drive to work through mountainous roads.

I live in Texas and had to have heated seats. My back loves them. 

Esteemed Contributor

We traded in a 2010 Ford Escape with 130,000 miles for a Subaru Outback. We are so happy with it and glad we decided to go with Subaru. Sorry you are not liking yours right now. 

Respected Contributor

Re: I hate my car

[ Edited ]

I just bought a  new car as I totaled mine in August. I'm sorry to say no cars come equipped with CD players anymore. 

I'll have to buy a player that plugs into an auxiliary jack if I want to play them or record them to mp3.

Contributor

Yes, I have a 2017 Suburu Legacy.  It is a beautiful, spotless vehicle.  I just have never liked it, because it makes me feel "older."  I've never had a vehicle quite as large as this one...I suppose I prefer a smaller sedan....anyway, I should not complain.  It was one of those things that I "thought" I liked it better at the time I bought it, and it was a great value, considering it did have all the "bells, whistle, upgrades, etc."  It just has never felt like "me."   And....to be honest, I can't find anything now that I really like anyway, so it  remains in my garage.  I don't like a lot of the newer models these days.  Seems like every time I see a vehicle I like, they've changed the body style on the newer models......like I said, I should not complain.   It gets me here and there and every place I need to be!  

Regular Contributor

I just bought a 2020 Forester in February (my 3rd) and it came with a CD player. I have issues with placement of some of the buttons, but other than that it's been great.

Super Contributor

Re: I hate my car

[ Edited ]

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@wismiss @GoneButNotForgotten  I love my car, I bought it when it was only a few years old - it's my "in perfect condition" 2007 Mercedez and it looks almost brand new, with 65K original miles.  I plan on driving it until it drops.  It really is a "little old lady car who only drives it on Sunday" and even thought it's small and old, it's my baby.

It's gets its annual checkup and oil change at the dealer and I know they always are shocked (and probably frustrated) that I still haven't traded it in.  They want me to buy a new one...and offered to give me $1500 for it.  Hmmm, NO.

Same here.  I have a 2004 Hyundai SUV I love, even though I had to get the transmission rebuilt.  Every time I get the oil changed (I go to the dealer) they try to get me to trade in on a new one.   Nope!  Love my old gal.

Man plans. God laughs.
Respected Contributor

I think with new technology , CD players in cars are on their way out. I have a new Benz and Mustang, neither have CD players BUT they do play all my iTunes music from my phone and I have over 500 songs. I'm still saving my CDs as I have a little radio that has that capability.