Honored Contributor

Your friend has used every way possible, with the exception of flat telling you, that she has moved on and is no longer interested in pursuing a friendship.  Let it go.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Your friend has used every way possible, with the exception of flat telling you, that she has moved on and is no longer interested in pursuing a friendship.  Let it go.

I couldn't agree with you more, @Kachina624 .

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor
  • Know this isn't about you. It's about her and people grieve and recharge differently.
  • Give it one more try on the phone. Make the call about her and not how shes hurt you. Just figure out if she's okay, if she is open to connecting with you.
  • The friendship may have run it's course. Accept this.
  • If she contacts you down the road -- don't put her in your first tier friendship group. Keep a bit of a distant. Maya Angelou said -- when someone shows you who they are -- believe them.
  • Good luck. Letting go isn't always easy 
"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@OhioAngel,  As usual, other posters have offered wisdom and insight -- we can count on this community to open their ears to hear and their hearts to help when we need their input.❤️   

I'll add a couple of thoughts.

It might help for you to reflect upon how much you care about this friendship, and also why you care -- what the relationship means to you.   

It's tough to feel a radical change, a shift, with no open avenue of communication.   I've experienced a couple of people shutting me out with no explanation.   

It doesn't feel good, and for me it matters to know what happened because I might've done something to hurt them and we're missing the chance to make amends, to mend, to heal, or at the least to learn from the experience so we can do better in the future. 

Based on what you've told us so far, I'd make one more small gesture, by written message or by phone, with a simple, supportive, kind note. 

Then let it go.   

Release it to the stars, the breeze, the universe.   

Another Maya Angelou quote (I'm a fan, too, @jeanlake 😊) I sometimes use as my siggy is a good reminder, too:

"Never make someone a priority

when all you are to them is an option."

Good wishes to you, @OhioAngel.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I wanted to add something I posted on another thread a while back.   

This is from a Karen Salmansohn article.

Not that everyone will agree with all of her points, but I think it's good food for thought and reminds me of the older, anonymous piece called

"People Come Into Your Path For A Reason, A Season Or A Lifetime"

which most of us have seen many times before.   

6 Reasons Why We Meet People For A Reason

"We don’t meet people by accident.  They’re meant to cross our path for a reason.

If a relationship doesn’t survive the test of time, it doesn’t mean it still wasn’t meant to be.   Not all encounters with people are supposed to last forever.

There’s a synchronicity and purpose for each person you meet – both our positive encounters with people and the negative, challenging encounters we suffer through.

Below are 6 reasons why someone is meant to cross your path.

1. Some people are “bridges.”

These people are not meant to last for the long road ahead.   They are an enjoyable pathway to get us to where we need to go.

These people are needed to arrive exactly at the time and place you met them – to transport you to the next level of your life journey.

They are here for a season – with their very own special reason.

2. Some people are “roadblocks” and “re-directors.”

These people come into your life to delay you – for both little things and big things.   For example, you might have a conversation with someone – which then delays you and prevents you from getting into a bus accident.

Or you might spend time with someone – and this time spent creates a “time hiccup” which delays you – so you wind up meeting a new, amazing, romantic partner.

You might have heard the expression, “Sometimes rejection is a redirection to something better.”   Well, that’s what these people do.   They might show up as a rejector – but they are a redirector.

3. Some people are “assignments” and “teachers.”

Often your tormentors double duty as your mentors.   They are here to teach you important life lessons – via the process of pain – which helps you to grow who you are.

Their “crisis pain” creates the “crisis fuel” you needed to motivate a necessary change you didn’t want to put in the effort to make.

Plus, some people are just straight-up inspiring teachers – who teach you life lessons in a more loving manner.

4. Some people are “angels.”

These people are here to protect you and remind you to stay safe and stay self loving.

They are “guardian angels” of some sort.

They are here to make sure that you do not stray too far from the path you are meant to be on.

They help you in times of need and desperation – when others are not there for you.

5. Some people are “guideposts.”

They represent and symbolize something you want.

They remind you to keep pursuing what you want – and stay on track.

They make sure you stay awake, energized and committed to keep moving forward on your soul’s true-to-you journey.

6. Some people are your “tribe.”

These are the ones who are here to stay the long haul. 

These people are far and few between – but they are the ones who are loyally there for you during tough times and celebratory times.

They see you clearly and accept you as your “flawesome” self.

Tribe members support you when you are invisible to others.

Tribe members root for you with a pure heart."

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

Just saw this on my FB page, and it made me think of this thread.

118408735_1738449282959793_1287091224112509766_n.jpg

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I might try one more time to get in touch, if she does not respond, I'd be done.  I have a cousin and we were very close at one time...but rarely saw each other...but when we met up, we picked right back up.

Fast forward if I don't make the effort to keep in touch, there is no contact.

I'm not mad, but a bit sad, but I am done trying.

Valued Contributor

You are so sweet for being concerned about your friend. She is lucky to have you but doesnt know it. Have you just asked her up front on a message? How about hey lady im really worried about you are you ok? and leave it at that. If you already did then I would just leave her alone. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of the "new way to communicate" texting, FB etc.  Plus, sometimes they say "I texted you & you didn't reply"...well, I either didn't get it or missed it🤷‍♀️

If it was me I'd pick up the phone and give a call!  Sometimes it takes a first step to get the answers ...who knows maybe something has affected her life (esp now).  

I don't believe life is always "roses & rainbows" from the posts people put on FB.  

You maybe surprised how happy she will be to hear from you🙂🙂 

@OhioAngel 

sorry just saw your post she doesn't talk on phone🤷‍♀️

a quick call to see how she is shouldn't deter you IMO

Super Contributor

@OhioAngel 

This hits so close to home. If your situation is anything like mine, you will not hear from her. I had a friend since I was 18 months old and I just turned 64 a few months ago. In the years that followed, it seemed that I was the only one that made the effort to keep in touch. She would say, Oh I have been busy, and I thought, so have I but if you want to remain friends, you take the time. Something changed in her and I am not sure what. We always texted on birthdays, I texted her and when my birthday came, no text. I believe that was in 2016 or 2017, since that nothing from her. I was hurt but I had no choice than to let it go.. I am sorry for you. I do hope that you hear from her, but I would not reach out to her.