Respected Contributor

I can only speak for myself but when I am sad or have problems I tend to withdraw from people.  I have lost a lot of friends and even family that way.  I do not like talking about my problems.  When a friend has a problem and I can help, I am there but I don't like to be the one that needs help.  I wish I had friends that would have hung in there for me.  Instead they just dissappeared.  If you value this person and their friendship don't give up.  Don't pressure them but just keep the connection open.  You really never know what is going on in another persons life.  Also be sensitive to their problems.  If I had a friend going through marital problems I would not brag about how wonderful my husband is.  If I had a friend going through money problems I would not go on about my vacation to Italy,  if their child is on drugs and cannot hold a job I would not talk about my child who just graduated from college and snagged a great job.  Be sensitive to others....You don't have to email or text or call every day just an occasional one to let them know you care and have not forgotten them.