Honored Contributor

Here's Betty's explanation about the photos.  I brought it over from the Bird's Nest

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I'm not complaining - it's been chilly around here since yesterday.  Felt like fall and I gotta tell you, it felt good getting chill bumps every time I went out in the yard or took out the garbage.

The rain and humidity officially moved out overnight so I taped off the back door and sidelights that will probably get painted tomorrow.  I also caulked around the new trim on the new garage doors.

I bought expensive Behr premium white exterior paint last September and it got so cold I never opened it.  I saved the receipt from home depot and I am going to take the quart of paint over there tomorrow and have them put it in that paint shaker thing. 

I figured I'd work on prep today, have the paint shaken up tomorrow then come home, grab one of the new brushes I bought last fall and get the paint done all at once.

I gotta say, I grew up using run of the mill masking tape.  Of course, they had to create an industry for it and 3M started making that blue painters tape.  I have a roll of that but also bought a big roll of wide 3M basic painter tape (looks tan like old school masking tape).  Man, getting that tape off of the roll in one straight piece had me saying a few bad words this morning.  I guess you get what you pay for and I'll go back to the more expensive blue tape.

Honored Contributor

hey all

Yock those are prize winning beauties of gifts . Mighty pretty

the state biggies were out surveying damages around my town

don't know if this is confirmed talk around town is 3 tornadoes hit yesterday.don't know if this true 

ok later guys

Honored Contributor

hey guys

we had a powerful electrical storm hit us this morn. took near 1.5 hours for the storm to move out. lots of cloud to ground lighting.

did chores, did walk.

dh made up dinner for tonight in slow cooker.

not muc else guys later.

Honored Contributor

I painted the trim on both garage doors and the family room door/sidelights.  Looks good if I say so myself.  I'll touch up any places needing it tomorrow.

Trusted Contributor

wow Birdmama,you got a lot done. Wish it were that cool here. Cleaned like mad today. Vacuumed living/dining room carpet, took coushions off the furniture,vacuumed,also did the lampshades and AC vents. Then dusted everything,plus the baseboards and over the doorways and windowsills. So,tonight it was pizza,not cooking after doing all that. Tomorrow I'll do the upstairs. Our dinner last night from our DD was so delicious. She's the best 😁

Honored Contributor

hey all

weather service confirmed it was an EF 1 tornado, it was on the ground near 30 miles

not much else. More bad storms tomorrow.

ok guys later

Honored Contributor

hey all

so busy today can't think will check in later.

Honored Contributor

I touched up/gave a second coat to the trim yesterday.  Wow Viva, that's scary about the tornado.  I can take snow and rain, wind scares the cr@p outta me.

Honored Contributor

hey all

hey birdmama, we didn't have one EF1 tornado on tuesday weather service confirmed it was 2 tornadoes, ours was the longest yardage 30 plus miles on ground.

last night about 6ish had 4 more tornadoes touch down but this northern,northern tip of delaware,storm moved directly eastward into New jersey. we just the crashing cymbals and lightening and heavy rain another 1.5 inch.

it is super humid today. sunny but mighty plus humid. did go many chores, got walk in. have clothes to fold. later guys