Respected Contributor

@Bird mama Your picture comes across as very serene and a lovely ride to a small lake for a picnic.  I like taking advantage of every opportunity to enjoy lifes little pleasures especially now as the world is taxed with uncertainty.  Without faith there is no hope so I appreciate your post.

Honored Contributor

I'm glad that you enjoy the image @Boomernichols 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Good Morning all, there's a light breeze blowing and I have the windows open.  I know this won't last long because humidity and 90 degree weather is coming later today Woman Indifferent 

I'm grateful for the week of ideal weather that we just had because it enabled me to get some smaller outdoor projects done.  

I cut the grass yesterday so the property looks neat and tidy again.  I'm at the time of the year that I do the grass every 2 weeks (unless we get lots of rain).

Honored Contributor

Re: August 2020 Back Fence

[ Edited ]

hey guys

it is super duper humid air is thick can cut with knife,last read i saw on t.v.. was 88% humidity level.

old lawn man showed up at front door today wanting to mow tomorrow. told him we found someone else. new guy will come tomorrow. this business of not wanting to mow, then wanting to mow,than not wanting to mow,asking for job back. not sure what game is going on here but very nerve wracking. i just told the old lawn man to be on stand by if  new man fails to show. sure hope the NEW MAN shows tomorrow. already have had 1 failed show lawn man yesterday. the one dh hired last night was #2 on our list. have one more to go if  # 2 new lawn man fails to show. i am cutting my losses and finding someone new. can't keep going and forth i want my job,i don't want my job. the new lawn man is 10 bucks more than the old lawn man and #3 lawn person is 15 bucks more. sure hope my 10 buck more person show tomorrow.

did get chores done, got walk in, clothes to fold. will check in later.

Honored Contributor

hey all

nothing new here this p.m.. got walk in a smidge early today. Still very warm and humid. Not much else.

ok guys later

Trusted Contributor

Re: August 2020 Back Fence

[ Edited ]

Dwell the saga of the disabled  corner continues.  Before Merle died the city installed a disabled crossing  at our corner and across the street and several other corners. They dumped grass seed on it and covered with straw.  Nothing happened except tall weeds. They cameback and sprayed that green stuff on it and again covered with straw.  Again weeds.  Finally after working on Pulling those weeds, I called 311 which is our supposed number to report lawn problems.  I carefully gave my name and address and said will you please take care of it.  They did—The next morning on a sign by my driveway not on the corner it cited me for having too tall weeds on my property.   My nrighbir, bless his soul, mowed that corner for me and I threw the sign in the trash. That night I get a call asking me if I would like to make a one time donation to the alliance who posted the sign?   Heck no I said why would I make a donation when you cited me for the city’s weeds.  He seemed puzzled. I hung up. The next day I get a letter from another division of the city saying if  didn’t get the matter taken care of the city would come in, mow the corner and charge me. I think I should sue them for harrassnent.  I had five days to comply. Heck by then the weeds will be back.  My neighbor  has the name of the guy supposedly in charge and said he would call him.  

So I guess I reported myself for the city’s weeds as well as all the other corners near by.  

In a good note Nipsco finally sowed grass where they dug up my yard and that grass is coming up beautifully.  So guess the city needs a change In their seed.  So dumb and time consuming.  

Today fekt like a,l humidity was back after a glorious week of cooker weather. Back to the compression socks.  We seem to be making sone progress on that front.  Slowly but surely.   

Viv i hope the right man for the job shows up.  Good job Bernie.  Can’t remember what else I read 

Respected Contributor

Well it seems that life continues on in its miserable way for a lot of us. I find it just very upsetting that the world is so turned upside down. Betty, the saga on the weeds is very typical of life today. No one knows who is really suppose to do what but all are quick and easy with a lot of verbiage. Life is too much of a challenge already without all the extra hoopla. Hang in there lady. But then I know you, you will come out on top!!

Heat cranking up out here - not happy about that at all. 

Yesterday had to make several quick trips and even that is tough to do any more. Bought two hoses, total $150. on one trip. Tried to buy a blank sign that you can fill out, hardware store had none in stock - say what ??- they had zillions of the for rents, private yard, etc but no blank ones. They use to be quite common. But they had the letters to spell out what you want on the sign. Oh well., third trip was to get some allergy med - none of which works, but keep trying. 

Hope all have a good day Stay cool.

Honored Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

hey guys

it is super duper humid air is thick can cut with knife,last read i saw on t.v.. was 88% humidity level.

old lawn man showed up at front door today wanting to mow tomorrow. told him we found someone else. new guy will come tomorrow. this business of not wanting to mow, then wanting to mow,than not wanting to mow,asking for job back. not sure what game is going on here but very nerve wracking. i just told the old lawn man to be on stand by if  new man fails to show. sure hope the NEW MAN shows tomorrow. already have had 1 failed show lawn man yesterday. the one dh hired last night was #2 on our list. have one more to go if  # 2 new lawn man fails to show. i am cutting my losses and finding someone new. can't keep going and forth i want my job,i don't want my job. the new lawn man is 10 bucks more than the old lawn man and #3 lawn person is 15 bucks more. sure hope my 10 buck more person show tomorrow.

did get chores done, got walk in, clothes to fold. will check in later.

@viva923   What a pain!  I can solve the problem, I will send you a box of gophers and moles, they will take care of your lawn quickly, and then you can plant something that doesn't require mowing.  They took care of my lawn a decade or so ago.  Before too long, we won't be allowed real lawn in the state as lawns require too much water.

Honored Contributor

Betty @yock   I'm sorry that you went through all of that.  If I understand it correctly, if they would have planted seed on the ground that was messed up from installing the disabled crossing, you wouldn't have had all those weeds.

Trusted Contributor

actually they dug up the landscaping cause they can cause it’s their right of way.  They repaired the curb and then sowed something and stuck straw on top.  It’s their weeds not mine so they needed to cite themselves.