Honored Contributor

Welcome dear friends and visitors to the Back Fence for August.

Country Summer Wallpapers - Top Free Country Summer Backgrounds -  WallpaperAccess

I love this image of a tree lined dirt road.  As I was looking for images to start the thread I saw one photo that had a fence on a hill and thought, naw we'll fall down and break something getting to that fence. Woman Very Happy

There was another one where the grass was tall with wildflowers and I went nope - too many bugs Woman Very Happy

Anyway, feel free to stop by and say hello. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

hey all

busy day here.

dh did errands and sat here at home. He was suppose to have his hair cut by his cheap barber 10 bucks. She was closed again. He did find a barber open and took him in as walk in.

tomorrow have my list of to do chores since dh is working all week thought i would tackle a couple of chores tomorrow rather than Tuesday. Sheet day can get pretty hectic.

not much else. See all tomorrow

Trusted Contributor

Re: August 2020 Back Fence

[ Edited ]

thanks  Birdmama,your right about this picture. Lovely ,peaceful looking.

still hotter than hades here.now we get the dog days of summer. Got our water bill last and electric today all I can say is yikes 😱 

Respected Contributor

Getting ready to crash - long hot day but I sure did not do much. Those days are gone I guess.

Ditty and Miss Blackie were sleeping in  most of the day. That silly Ditty actually prefers staying outside in the intense heat. He is nuts but that is probably his independence that occasionally sneaks back in. Miss Blackie is just getting so old but bless her, she is hanging in there.

Hope all stay cool.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama   That is a lovely picture you posted. Thank you. I would love to walk down that road.

It has been pleasant here,windows open and a slight breeze.Had some rain earlier.

Honored Contributor

Echoing previous poster by saying I'd like to take a walk along that road.

Trusted Contributor

where does the time go. I had trouble with my legs swelling and even weeping. Ugh. They finally decided to change my water pill and it seems to be working.  
after my zapping the film from implant, my vision didn't improve.  In my follow up there is still a section hanging on. So I'm using extra lubricating drops three times a day for a month. Then We will see what's next. 

new comfort height stool is installed.  I ordered white. After looking at my sink yesterday, I realized my sink isn't white, it's a very light bone. Well it is now a fashion statement in my bathroom. 

I think I told you all that my daughter and I decided to return stimulus check because they had combined Merles and mine on one check and he was not eligible because of his date of death.  They were supposed to issue a new one just for me.  I think the better way to get results would have been to hang on to it and let them come after it. I don't know if they could have fined me or not. So I'm still waiting for my big windfall.  

I found the most delicious sun mist muskmelon at Kroger's. Very sweet and softer.  More like I remember them from the good ol days.  Merle complained so about the tasteless hard canrelooe we often get here.  He would have loved these. 

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean  We get billed every 3 months for our water and of course the rates went up again on July 1st.

My sister thinks my $183 bill is high.  I expected it to be worse so I'm counting my blessings.  I look at it this way - I don't have expensive hobbies and the wildlife in my yard brings me great joy so.....

When I awoke at 6 am it was raining and continued to do so for well over an hour.  I'll take all the rain mother nature sends at this point.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

GREAT Pic Birdmama. Raining by me too. I was fortunate to get up early this morning and open the front door, sit and sip my coffee listening to the rain. I loveeee all day rainy days . (During the week would be better though as I feel bad for all the ppl who may have had outdoor plans on the weekend). 

August is here, summer goes by way too fast. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

hey all

not much here today

did do many chores, got both walks in. it is stinking hot and humid again. under flood warnings, weather radio just turned on for the alert.

not much else guys later.