Honored Contributor

Re: August 2015 - Back Fence

Good Morning Back Fencers.  I am enjoying a day off courtesy of my employer.  Once you make 15 years of service at my company, you receive a paid birthday holiday :-).  Yesterday was my birthday, so I've made a long weekend of it by taking Friday as vacation and today as my birthday holiday.  It's been a relaxing 3 days so far and I'm watching morning local news while mentally making my to-do list for the day. 

Here are some fritatas - veggie and bacon.  Help yourself.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Gotta say this. When I got to the boards and BEFORE I signed in I noticed the posts had DATES and TIMES. I thought FINALLY, yesterday, today, 10 minutes ago, etc had disappeared and dates had returned. Well I signed in and guess what returned and what disappeared. The DATES disappeared and the minutes, yesterday,weeks, etc have returned. How dumb!!!

Honored Contributor

Birdmama,

Trusted Contributor

Happy Birthday Birdmama!!!!!!!

sorry I missed it, but had to change my password. I could not get on the boards. HATE this new BOARD!!!!!!!

Anyway, Hope you had a great day and did something nice for yourself.

have been busy getting windows done.we have a lot of wood railings in our open plan home and cleaned them all yesterday,so today is a do nothing day. Am getting estimates for painting downstairs and stairs/hall,plus carpet for main and bedroom level, AHH, just the thought makes me tired.to say nothing of crying over our check book.

Trusted Contributor

What in the hell is wrong with this board. It just froze up on me,OHHH, did I say I hate this new board????

Anyway, it should start getting less humid starting tomorrow. we have managed to sleep with the windows open for a few nights. So looking forward to fall. 

My best to everyone having medical procedures/problems. I know your pain Man Frustrated

Respected Contributor

Epi, I think there are quite a few of us who are NOT on the best of terms with this revised board. Drives me insane and extermely frustrating.

Happy BD Birdmama. I think I have stopped having any. LOL.

Super hot today and probably more of the same tomorrow. Just do NOT like this triple digit weather.

Epi, I just looked at this crazy board and while thinking, this message comes up in front of me." Sorry, I can't perform whatever you requested". It just disappeared while I was typing so cannot recall what the word was where I put whatever. What can I say.

Hope all had a great day.

Regular Contributor

So sorry we didn't know it was your birthday and hope it was as special as the one we'll have here at the back fence. I brought some homemade ice cream and a black forest cake with one candle on it. Happy birthday, Bernie and wishes for many, many more!.
Regular Contributor

The fritatas are scrumptious! Thanks Bernie!

Trusted Contributor

Can't believe this weather in August.  Sweater weather for sure.   Bernie your birthday almost got past us but not quite. This way we can extend the celebration.  Today is hearing aid fitting. Hope I don't drop them out of my ear in the bathroom or something. Wonder if that happens to people.  I'm pretty awkward.  

Honored Contributor

@Winifred wrote:

Epi, I think there are quite a few of us who are NOT on the best of terms with this revised board. Drives me insane and extermely frustrating.

Happy BD Birdmama. I think I have stopped having any. LOL.

Super hot today and probably more of the same tomorrow. Just do NOT like this triple digit weather.

Epi, I just looked at this crazy board and while thinking, this message comes up in front of me." Sorry, I can't perform whatever you requested". It just disappeared while I was typing so cannot recall what the word was where I put whatever. What can I say.

Hope all had a great day.

I also get that message with practically every post.  I have no idea what it means and think it's just a glitch.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986