Respected Contributor

Wow, that’s impressive.  I’ve never shopped with them (no particular reason) but I will now thanks to your testimonial.

Honored Contributor

We bought a bench to put at the foot of our bed. It came with a slight but visible defect. I called, and CS said they would send another one and that we could do whatever we wanted with this one.

The second bench also had a small defect. So I called again. CS refunded our money and again said to keep the second bench.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I've also had good experiences with Wayfair. I ordered a large wall clock and it wouldn't work. I tried several batteries, but nothing worked. I contacted them and they credited me the cost of the clock, gave me a $10 coupon for a future purchase, and told me to just dispose of the clock instead of sending it back.

Esteemed Contributor

I had read on these boards that Wayfair had good customer service. I decided to order a wooden file cabinet from them. It arrived in several pieces that I had to figure out how to assemble. Worse, however, it weighed a ton. There was no way that I could carry it up the steps to our home office. I called Wayfair and was told I could either get a full credit or mail the cabinet back, at my expense, for a refund. Given that the thing weighed more than I do, I opted for the credit. UPS picked up the cabinet and I bought some much needed towels and a sheet set. 

Honored Contributor

I was absolutely shocked when our son said he had ordered a large master bed from them (they got into a new structure two days before Christmas after losing the house and belongings to fire last Dec 31!).  

I know the best furniture store around here and could have helped.

He was in love with the sturdiness, and the wood and said each piece was signed!

Honored Contributor

Isn't it nice to be treated so well by a retailer?  One that really appreciates your business?

Trusted Contributor

I LOVE Wayfair/Birchlane/Joss and Main.  It's a wonderful company.  I've ordered a lot of furniture items from them.  And, they are a company of the highest integrity.  I have no hesitation ordering from them at all.

I ordered a $200 wall clock for our new room addition.  It was large, with large hands, because it sits up high.  When it arrived, it was not as pictured. The hands were much smaller.  So I called them to see if I could get a replacement.  That particular item came directly from the manufacturer, so they didn't know how a new one would arrive.  They also gave me the option of keeping it and they would refund my money.  Wow!  I did send pictures to them.

I ordered a large credenza and the legs were damaged at the bottom.  They offered to send another one or give me a partial refund.  Because it was large, and my husband needed to be here for the delivery, I opted for the partial refund.

I recently ordered a cabinet for my sewing room.  The packing from the manufacturer was atrocious, for such a heavy piece.  The box was falling apart by the time FedEx delivered it.  I called them, and sent pictures, every step of the way, as we inspected the parts.  (This needed to be assembled.) Once we identified the few parts that had gotten damaged, they had the manufacturer send us replacement pieces.  They arrived in two days!

And, of course, I've had lots of things arrive in perfect condition.  They carry some of the same items as local furniture stores.  But, their customer service with damaged items is superior to any of the local furniture stores that I've dealt with in the past.

One other perk....if  you see something on sale, you can call and they will hold the price for 7 days, so you can make up your mind.  Just a very nice company!

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Respected Contributor

I have been shopping at Wayfair for years and have never been disappointed with their customer service, or with the quality of their merchandise or with the prices.

They are a retailer that always work with the customer.

Honored Contributor

Wow, that's fabulous CS, I never bought anything from them, I'll have to check them out.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree :  I have a great story about Wayfair also.  DS and DDIL ordered a buffet from them for their new house (order was in placed in July).  Due to unforeseen problems, they did not close and/or put china buffet together until November, 2019.  When they opened the box all of the glass inside was shattered.  Wayfair does have a return policy of 30 days.  Being the helpful (?) mom that I am, I wrote Wayfair a nice letter explaining the delay in putting the cabinet together and asking how to contact the manufacturer to see if they could purchase the glass only.  Low and behold, a nice person from Wayfair an email from them said they would replace the glass for free and within a week A BRAND NEW BUFFET came to their new home.  I was flabbergasted and immediately send an email thanking them for their kindness and generosity.  Wayfair is awesome!!!!!