Honored Contributor

Re: Found the Article in People About Melody Thomas Scott on Y&R

@Love my grandkids  @skatting44  Go here for a kinda brief synopsis of the Niki and Victor love story from the beginning to now.

It's well written and explains it very well.  It's a good legitimate website from soap she knows.

https://www.soapoperaspy.com/2015/the-young-and-the-restless-victor-and-nikkis-love-story-how-they-m...

Valued Contributor

Like its always been said walk a mile in my shoes...
Maybe she was taught at 4 that its Always your fault & no one would believe you anyway as she witnessed when she finally did tell authorities.
Seriously doubt she needs book money or acceptance in her life now so I believe her when she wants to help others.

Sometimes our own kind (women)can be our worst enemies.
Are we that disappointing? She could be your daughter.

Valued Contributor

Sorry not meant for posts that questions her authenticity.
Respected Contributor

She was a guest on Hallmark's Home and Family last week speaking about the book. 

Respected Contributor

I have the book, but have to say it has been kind of sad to read about all this in first several chapters. It’s to the point that I have put it down for awhile. I will get back to it because interested in how she got hooked up and then married to the then executive producer. I did not know that she had a prior marriage with a makeup artist and a child by him. So her family consists of a daughter by another father, her husband has a daughter, and then the daughter they had together. Yours, mine and ours family! This may be in People article, can’t remember.
Honored Contributor

Sad to hear of her sad, dysfunctional childhood, especially the sexual assaults.  It reminded me of the SL of Nikki, her Y&R character's sexual assault by her father when she was a teen.   Later, when he came back into her life as an adult and tried to sexually assault her again, she killed him trying to get away.  Maybe some of her early RL memories were in her mind doing those scenes.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

Sorry again.Meant my earlier post for people who DO question her.
Respected Contributor

If what she says in her book is true then that may explain why she defended that actress who plays Summer against the one who played Adam.

She really destroyed MM on twitter and made such nasty, nasty, comments about the fans of program. It was one thing to comment on fellow actors on the program but it was another thing to say what she did about fans. She was wrong for doing so and it was unprofessional. I had no respect for her after that.

Respected Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

Sad to hear of her sad, dysfunctional childhood, especially the sexual assaults.  It reminded me of the SL of Nikki, her Y&R character's sexual assault by her father when she was a teen.   Later, when he came back into her life as an adult and tried to sexually assault her again, she killed him trying to get away.  Maybe some of her early RL memories were in her mind doing those scenes.

@Mmsfoxxie I am sure her rl influenced her acting in the sl. That is the sad thing in an abused child that it never completely goes away. But kudos to those who triumph over it in their lives.

I also read that her grandmother was a hoarder which I am sure made MTS 's life even more complicated and difficult to find self confidence .

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the  details of her initial story line on Y & R  abt 30 yrs ago. I had forgotten some of the details .Although a chance of a lifetime to act in the Hithcock movie Marne , it was a bit cruel  for her GrandMother to have her in that role since she  said she was  sexually abused as a young child and suffered cruelty from her GrandMother.

In the movie Marne , she was a minor . The child character she played in that movie  implied she  was in a bad situation with her by being neglected and  suffered an attempted  physical abuse by a drunkard.

Truly , we all don't know that hardships that other people endure . Good for her  that she had some  inner strength to persevere .