Honored Contributor

Found the Article in People About Melody Thomas Scott on Y&R

So I finally found the article in People magazine about Melody Thomas Scott.  She just came out with a book called Always Young and Restless, first printing was this summer 2020.

In the book she talks about how her mother abandoned her and left her with her mentally ill grandmother.  She describes her life as about as terrible as you could get.

Her grandmother was obsessed with getting Melody into TV and movies.  She began performing at Hollywood's Children Theatre.  She said the founder gave her lessons at his home.  He sexually took advantage of her at the age of 4 she says.

All along the way often men took advantage of her.

She played a young a young Marnie in Alfred Hitchock's same title movie.  She was also in Clint Eastwood's "The Beguiled".  She was in several episodes of the TV show "Charlie's Angels" and "The Waltons".

She said from a very early age she always wanted to be part of a real family.  She finally moved out of her grandmother's house at the age of 20 because she finally felt like she was financially able to support herself.

Ms. Scott suffered terribly with panic attacks.  She's had to go to therapists throughout her life to learn to deal with the abuse she suffered at the hands of terrible males and her grandmother.

She decided to write the book to help her deal with everything she suffered with and to let other's know they can get help to deal with their problems in life.

The theme was 'don't give up'.

The book can be found in book stores and on Amazon, etc.

She has 2 daughters and another she helps raise that her now husband, Edward had from a previous relationship.

It sounds like it could be inspirational to those who struggle with a lot of angst in their lives.

Anyway, I knew the magazine was around and I wasn't about to give up looking for it as several people had mentioned they'd like to know what th article was about.

The entire article in People Magazine covers 3 pages.  That's pretty good to get that much print in a magazine like People.

In case any of you want to read the article it is People Magazine August 17, 2020 edition.  It has Katie Perry very pregnant on the front cover.  Go here for a synopsis about the book and article in people.

https://people.com/tv/hed-the-young-and-the-restless-melody-thomas-scott-says-motherhood-helped-her-...

Honored Contributor

Re: Found the Article in People About Melody Thomas Scott on Y&R

@Annabellethecat66 

Does this person explain why she never reported the abuse to the police?  Yet, she can write a book about it.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac  She does say she did report one specific one and the police told her since he invited her and she went to his apartment they could not do anything about it.

Remember, this was back a very long time ago.  Hopefully some things have changed.

It's interesting though because she specifically mentions names.  However, most of the names she mentioned the people are long ago dead.

She did not mention her grandmother's name.

Honored Contributor

Sorry, but I never heard of her.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

How interesting, @Annabellethecat66 , about Melody Thomas Scott.  I've seen her here and there, over the years, and thought she had a sensitive, fragile quality.

It is so horrible and heartbreaking that so many children, at the age of 4, like her, or younger or older, must suffer so much at the hands of their abusers.  Panic attacks, yes, are a likely legacy of that, and may even be the least of all the devastating effects she has endured as a result. 

I'm always heartened when someone so deeply betrayed at the beginning of life still struggles on, and contributes so positively in spite of it all....  Her book and her story will help others.

Here's to spunky survivors,  their hard-won equilibrium is always an inspiration.  Thanks for posting something so worthwhile.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624  That's why I put what show she is on.

She's been on Y&R (the soap) since 1979.  She (on the show) is married to Victor, the patriarch of one of the rich families on the TV show.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  Oh!  Oznell, I'm not the least surprised that you would type such a thoughtful post about this woman and her book.

Thank you for reminding all of us that we need to be thoughtful for people who had emotional trauma in their lives.

I enjoyed reading your post. Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Kachina624  That's why I put what show she is on.

She's been on Y&R (the soap) since 1979.  She (on the show) is married to Victor, the patriarch of one of the rich families on the TV show.

I remember when Nicki was a dancer in the bar when Victor first met her!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks. I watched Y & R when it first came on the air . When she arrived on the soap she was always  a good actress  . I can't remember exactly  but wasn't  her initial  story line  as Nikki  that she had an older sister and  she was a troubled teen  who had a good looking boyfriend long before she met Victor and they finally wed  ?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 I recall watching a few episodes many years ago. Didn't her character start out as a stripper when Victor "discovered" her? How often have those 2 been married and split up? LOL