Esteemed Contributor

Re: Found the Article in People About Melody Thomas Scott on Y&R

Thanks @Annabellethecat66 .  

Very interesting article.  She's overcome so much in her life!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Sorry, but I never heard of her.

@Kachina624 

She's a main character in one of the longest running soaps.  While many may not be familiar with her name, she's had a very long TV career.

Honored Contributor

@Kindaglitzy  Yes it is the People magazine article.  It shows a picture of her with her daughter, their daughter and his daughter.

Of course, they're all lovely.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the summary @Annabellethecat66 . MST certainly has a lot of guts to tell her story. She had to fight her whole life. Glad she has a good life now. I need to get her book. If she reads the audio version, that's what I'll get. Jeanne Cooper had a tell all book about her failed marriage and numerous affairs -- Raymond Burr, Dennis Weaver and even a much younger co-star on Y&R.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG There is a huge used book store where I live. 

Everything is set up like a library but even more so.  It's really nice.  They have books on audio, vinyl, comic books, everything.

Books and things are so expensive these days, it's nice to get them used.

I've always loved feeling the paper and reading a real book.  I don't remember ever listening to books on audio.

My son in law (whom I adore) listens to books on audio in his car going to work.

You know I have this theory about life.  I've always said things like, "what goes around comes around" and "life evens out".

As pertains to the latter, I do think it evens out.  Her life story is a perfect example.  She had a horrific life for most of her adolescent years, then it got better and now it sounds wonderful.  I'm sure (like with everyone) there are little things that annoy here and there, but probably for the most part it's nice.

I have an amazing life.  However, my back is so horrible (pain) that it keeps me from doing many of the things I'd love to.  It's like it's my strife to endure.  So I try to think and enjoy the good things.  There are way more good things that rise above this stupid back pain.

My life as a child was a little like her's in that I had a difficult time and was attacked (my Dad never found out about it) I know he'd have killed my Uncle (my Aunt's husband).

Once I met my husband it began to get better and together we built a wonderful life.

It's often about choices.  Even if we make the wrong choice and must stick to them, for a time, we can find the goodness in something.

Many people (especially back in the 50's) had problems at home.  It was a different time as far as acceptable and the way women were treated.

We've recently had an awakening in this country.  I don't want to get 'deleted' so I'll curtail it but I will say that I've mentioned here so many times that I never understood why QVC didn't sell more clothes and especially food from small companies representing minority and/or ethnicity's. 

I see it happening and I think it's wonderful.  

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

Maybe I'm thinking of another actress, but wasn't Melody married to a makeup artist years ago .... a Carlos or Charles first name?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Seems to me  the two Victor & Vikki  were married  well before I stopped watching on a regular basis  in 1985.

Respected Contributor

@AuntG Yes, she is recording the audio version of the book. She posted this on social media but don’t know when it will be released.

@Tinkrbl44 Yes, oldest daughter is by the makeup artist. I know you did ask @Annabellethecat66.

Really enjoyed reading Jeanne Cooper’s book. Interesting life.
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 Ahhh!  Sweet girl, you have an excellent memory.  

The article said she had a relationship with a makeup artist named (you got it right) Carlos Yeaggy, 3 years after she started her role as Niki in 1979.  (paraphrasing), "The relationship didn't last but they stayed friends until he died.  They had a daughter together, (Alexandra).

Then it says "after two short-lived marriages (doesn't say much else) she married former Y&R producer, now B&B producer Edward Scott in 1988 and had another daughter (Elizabeth).  Scott had a daughter (Jennifer) from a previous marriage.

She said she still has panic attacks at times and "continues to work on them".

She has a therapist and mediates regularly.

If you go on the website I posted, I think there might be a picture of her and her two daughters and Scott's one daughter. 

It's a very pretty and cute picture.

When she was 17 she went to a boy's home where she was drugged and raped.  She found out she was pregnant and had an abortion (it's all in the book and in People magazine).