Respected Contributor

Re: What are you serving for Christmas dinner

@ECBG , I want some of that cheese & tomato pie!

Honored Contributor

@Carolina925 wrote:

@ECBG , I want some of that cheese & tomato pie!

@Carolina925 

Would you like the recipe?

Honored Contributor

My family goes all out for Christmas dinner.  We always have a homemade pasta dish, Italian wedding soup, turkey, fresh ham ( not smoked), Sarma with sausage,mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, corn, a green veggie, salad, homemade bread, many types of appetizers, and several desserts, including a big Italian cookie tray with homemade candy added.

Everything is made from scratch. It's always
 a lot of food and there are always a lot of people.

We have in the past had prime rib too, but not since Covid.

Valued Contributor

yes please post the recipe for cheese and tomato pie.    

Valued Contributor

yummy, post the recipe for the tomato pie.  

Esteemed Contributor

I get a Santa Maria marinated tri tip from Costco. Put it in the crockpot, make Ruth's Chris sweet potato casserole a veggie and maybe a cherry cobbler for desert. It usually nice enough to take our food outside and eat by the firepit. And even if it rains (I hope it does) it will still be great. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I've been trying to think of something else beside turkey.  Nobody wants ham.  Daughter not a red meat person.  So, by default, it's looking more and more like another turkey.

Not sure how many you are feedng but here are some alternatives to Turkey:

• Pork Roast (mmm rosemary and garlic)
  • Lasagna ( beef, veggie, or seafood)
  • Shrimp and/or scallop pasta, buttery or creamy sauce
  • Salmon fillets and add steak if some wont eat fish
  • A smorgasbord of Chinese dishes from local restaurant( dont forget the fortune cookies)
  • Your favorite chicken dish, fancy or not,  perhaps one with a decadent sauce, or with a scrumptous sauce like apricot rosemary, herbed butter and lemon, sweet and hot,  gooey cheesey and bacon etc,

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DSD2 wrote:

I'm still recovering from cooking everything for Thanksgiving! Smiley Very Happy

That said, I'm thinking of a turkey breast. There will be just two of us and I always like leftovers, especially turkey sandwiches. Yum!

I have cooked a 6lb turkey breast and a 3lb boneless turkey roast  in my Instant Pot with herbs. Best turkey ever. I dont bother to brown under broiler for brown skin. I just take it off. Super duper juicy!

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

I've been trying to think of something else beside turkey.  Nobody wants ham.  Daughter not a red meat person.  So, by default, it's looking more and more like another turkey.

@ScrapHappy Serve something most people like and fix a few things for daughter. A crown pork roast (butchers will trim and tie one up for you) and put stuffing in the middle!  Wonderful!

We love steak too or a rib roast!  It's a festive meal! Enjoy and I am sure daughter will want others to have what they eat, and be happy and supportive with the things you fix that she will like.  Not everyone has to have only what they want on the table...it's a time for sharing! 

Respected Contributor

Fortunately I won't be serving but my sister is preparing a Lasagne Heart