Valued Contributor

What are you serving for Christmas dinner

Help need suggestions...tyvm

Honored Contributor

Re: What are you serving for Christmas dinner

Nothing wild or crazy here--was toying with cooking a small prime rib roast  on my Ninja outdoor grill--and trying out the smoking feature. Just me and my DD so nothing too much. We eat the big dinner with the family on Xmas eve so there will be leftovers from that  too.

Honored Contributor

Ham, au gratin potatoes, Harvard beets, and brown-and-serve dinner rolls.

Respected Contributor

We always have a beef tenderloin roast.  Each year I make a different sauce to go with it as well as a potato dish, a vegetable, a salad and rolls.  I haven't decided what sauce to serve yet but we are having au gratin potatoes, roasted broccoli, a caesear salad and garlic butter rolls.  The potatoes and the rolls are from Wegmans.   I am planning on having a cookie platter which my guests are contributing to for dessert so that we can enjoy dessert while we watch the Eagles play the Giants at 4:30.

Respected Contributor

I've been trying to think of something else beside turkey.  Nobody wants ham.  Daughter not a red meat person.  So, by default, it's looking more and more like another turkey.

Respected Contributor

I'm still recovering from cooking everything for Thanksgiving! Smiley Very Happy

That said, I'm thinking of a turkey breast. There will be just two of us and I always like leftovers, especially turkey sandwiches. Yum!

Honored Contributor

Every Thanksgiving my adult kids take a vote on what they'd like us to cook for Christmas.   I always give them the option and to make it fair each year I try to side with each one in rotation, LOL!    I don't care what they pick and we've had some unusual dishes for Christmas over the years.  Anyway this year the vote went to filet mignon, baked potatoes with all the fixings, salad and fresh baked rolls.   DH makes a beautiful sauce for the filets and then his chocolate mousse for dessert. Done.

Respected Contributor

I think I am going make a roast in the slow cooker and serve mashed potatoes and green beans with a chocolate cake for dessert. I will purchase the cake. We have a local grocer that has good layer cakes and I am not good at making layer cakes.

Last year we had a meat sauce lasagna, salad, and garlic bread. I liked it but want to do something else this year.

Respected Contributor

For me I'm going light. After that heavy Thanksgiving meal I'll be having veggie wraps.

Honored Contributor

Several years back, everyone wanted the outside of the rib roast so I went to rib eye steaks and everyone was happy.  I'll do twice baked potatoes with bacon, tossed salad, and a deep dish pie with Gruyere cheese, Italian tomatoes, sage and oregano.

French Silk pie for dessert.