Trusted Contributor

Re: When hosts talk about getting together with friends/family...

I don't know why people see this as a problem.  If they want to tell you they are doing it safely let them.  I have no problem with that at all.  I too am fully vaccinated but I wear my mask when I go into stores whether i am required too or not.  I do it as a courtesy to others because it's not just about me.

Occasional Contributor

No, I haven't noticed that at all.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the topic of this thread.  We all need to be relentlessly scolded yet again....

Respected Contributor

i totally agree with you roughdraft.even though i am fully vaccinated,i always wear my mask and feel so much better when other people are as well.who can forget a year ago?

Respected Contributor

couldnt aggree with you more misspepsi

Honored Contributor

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

I don't know why people see this as a problem.  If they want to tell you they are doing it safely let them.  I have no problem with that at all.  I too am fully vaccinated but I wear my mask when I go into stores whether i am required too or not.  I do it as a courtesy to others because it's not just about me.

@Miss Pepsi   My sentiments exactly.

Why is what the hosts are saying about their own life plans a bother to anyone?  In fact, it's exactly how I feel, so if I was a host I'd be saying the same thing. 

I watch and hear them say this and I feel thankful that there are many who have seriously considered a pandemic that impacted the world, and trying to continue to do the best they can for themselves, their family & friends, and by extension you & me.  

To bring this up as a problem is excruciatingly disheartening.  That's the way I feel.

Honored Contributor

Its obvious to me why they say it having been a long reader of the boards.  If they didn't follow the guidelines exactly as written, some crabby person or persons here and elsewhere would jump down their throats and accuse them of attempted murder among other dastardly deeds. I can just hear it now.... 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I agree!  People can govern themselves and don't need political reminders at every turn.  I don't need celebreties, shopping channel hosts, or the government telling me how to live.  I have a constitution that gives me my rights and I'm capable of making my own decisions and choices.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Selfish,  careless, unthinking, rude, accessory to murder, cruel, heartless, thoughtless, self centered, nonthinker, science-denier, lawless, anarchist......all have been used over the past year......

Respected Contributor

I really wish it were true that people can govern themselves and know best how to take care, but obviously by seeing what happened this past year with the virulent spread of the virus by non-mask wearers, beach spring-breakers, and medically uninformed, it is definitely not.

Thank goodness we have a vaccine in our country developed by scientific experts and purchased for millions by our government, or we could be in the same shape India and Brazil are in right now.

More power to the hosts for continuing to urge caution, encouraging people to stay healthy, and reminding us what we have all been through.  That is not "virtuous," that is common sense. 

I will prefer to wear a mask until the virus has been dissipated, because I could still infect innocent victims, like small children and pets, even if I personally am vaccinated and will not get physically ill myself.  Also, it is not yet known exactly how long the vaccine will be effective.  Always better to be safe than sorry!!!