Frequent Contributor

When hosts talk about getting together with friends/family...

When hosts talk about getting together with friends or family, why do they ALWAYS qualify it by saying they were vaccinated and had masks on?

If they want to be with loved ones and don't want to wear a mask, great, more power to them.  

If they want to be with loved ones and aren't vaccinated, that's their business.

This virtue signaling is out of control.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: When hosts talk about getting together with friends/family...

Agreed. I noticed our news reporter doing the same thing when they interview a shop owner or they are out in the field. They always say they are fully vaccinated and they feel safe going maskless. I don't really care because I haven't really been wearing a mask at several places I go to lately either. 

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Agreed. I noticed our news reporter doing the same thing when they interview a shop owner or they are out in the field. They always say they are fully vaccinated and they feel safe going maskless. I don't really care because I haven't really been wearing a mask at several places I go to lately either. 

Are you vaccinated ? I think the hosts know how people are and will start complaining , you know how people are , you are judged no matter what you do.

Honored Contributor

@FishandSnail    Totally agree..and I recently mentioned something like getting back to normal...and then their response was 'safely, of course'...sick of hearing it.

WE ALL KNOW how to handle ourselves with out being reminded on a daily basis, because we are constantly being reminded.

Respected Contributor

We are discussing a world-wide, year-long pandemic aren't we?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I felt a great sense of relief after getting my shots.  Not just for myself, but for anyone I love or have contact with, so I take any precaution offered to me to keep them safe.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I do my shopping locally whenever I can-  although I am vaccinated and I am protected that counts for my own health only.

I can still infect others although I have zero desire to go anywhere much I haven't been going since the beginning of the pandemic, so that probably isn't a real danger.

My "work" in the old normal was keeping myself entertained and I did that very well, but it involved the equivalent of a solid workweek indoors with lots of people- movies, museums, plays, concerts, duplicate bridge studios.  I can image those returning to my life, but it's not happening any time soon.  Mask or not, no way

Honored Contributor

If they didn't say it there would be nasty comments here about them so it seems no matter what they are going to be criticized!!  They can't win!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Are you vaccinated ? I think the hosts know how people are and will start complaining , you know how people are , you are judged no matter what you do.

I am fully vaccinated. Our state has been wide open for months. Lots of places (Walmart, several restaurants, QT gas station) no longer require masks. Some have a sign on the door that masks are suggested but not required.

Honored Contributor

Every face on tv, every company, every ad now tells us how to live, how to give and how to conduct our lives and what to think.  

Have you noticed that?  Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

The only people who need to be told how to live are those who fecklessly endanger other lives for their own convenience.