Esteemed Contributor

Re: When hosts talk about getting together with friends/family...

@Sooner wrote:

Every face on tv, every company, every ad now tells us how to live, how to give and how to conduct our lives and what to think.  

Have you noticed that?  Woman Frustrated

@Sooner   I noticed, but I do what I want.  LOL  Haven't listened to anyone and I am healthy, happy and living.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not Vaccinated and I don't wear a mask.   I had all Holidays with family.   If your Vaccinated it is time to get rid of the masks IMO.

Respected Contributor

I assume that most of us know that one can be infected with Covid and have zero symptoms, making it possible to pass it on to other unsuspecting people.

There's also growing knowledge that asymptomatic people can suffer "hits" of side-effects, neurologically and in lungs

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I think it's the right thing to do - follow guidelines and hosts emphasizing it to show they are considerate of others. 

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I do my shopping locally whenever I can-  although I am vaccinated and I am protected that counts for my own health only.

I can still infect others although I have zero desire to go anywhere much I haven't been going since the beginning of the pandemic, so that probably isn't a real danger.

My "work" in the old normal was keeping myself entertained and I did that very well, but it involved the equivalent of a solid workweek indoors with lots of people- movies, museums, plays, concerts, duplicate bridge studios.  I can image those returning to my life, but it's not happening any time soon.  Mask or not, no way

In reply to your posts on this thread, @millieshops , I have a question: What is your current scientific and medical basis for suggesting that unmasked people who have been fully vaccinated for a month are still capable of transmitting the virus to others, including kids (who we've known from the outset have less susceptibility to the virus than others), and even pets? Scientific recommendations -- like the science they're based on -- are not static. They are constantly being revised and updated to reflect new knowledge derived from testing and experience. It's true that for some time during the pandemic we were cautioned that infected but asymptomatic people might nevertheless be able to transmit covid, but that's no basis for implying that the fully vaccinated pose a similar risk. Your masking habits are up to you, and in fact are about the same as mine. But I'm concerned that this equation of personal opinion with current scientific evidence may undermine confidence in the vaccine and the willingness to get it.  I'm sure you don't want that result any more than I do. 

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Thanks for the topic of this thread.  We all need to be relentlessly scolded yet again....

Couldn't agree more!   It never ends.

Trusted Contributor

@FishandSnail  Agree.  Like everything else, they have run this issue into the ground.  And they talk about it entirely too much.  

Trusted Contributor

@Meowingkitty  I notice it too.  I want to say to them stop preaching to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure why anyone would have an issue with the hosts talking about what they are doing to stay safe and care for those around them. And because of the way QVC is run, I would say there's about a 100% chance they are being asked to do this to emphasize the safety precautions in place in the studios and for QVC employees; if the Q did not approve of this messaging, it would not be happening. Think of it in the same way you would all the comments about how many of an item have been sold; whether you feel you need or want to know the details or not, this is part of what QVC wants to share about the way it is doing business. It's not "virtue signaling"—it's what the hosts are being asked to convey to the viewing public.

You don't have to like it. You don't have to agree. And someday, hopefully someday very soon, things will change and we won't have to worry about these kinds of updates or topics on a daily basis. But for now, why complain about something that isn't causing any real problems? Why not just have some empathy and understanding for others and let them do what they need to do when it isn't having any actual negative impact? There are already plenty of problems and negative things to deal with in the world; no need to add more.

Respected Contributor

I don't understand why some people feel they are being scolded or singled out when this issue arises.  I see no one being personally attacked for their choices.

The one thing I do understand is that Covid is by no means a thing of the past.  It's a gigantic world out there and it is still mutating and contageous and destroying lives.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~