Honored Contributor

Thingie that got the lint out of the dryer

Haven't heard about these in years. Have any of you?

Respected Contributor

Re: Thingie that got the lint out of the dryer

@Group 5 minus 1  Are you talking about the long brush that cleans the lint out of the dryer? If so, I ordered one from amazon a couple years ago. They probably still carry them.

Honored Contributor

Or was it the "Lint Wizard"?  I bought one years ago.  It was okay, but it really came in handy a few weeks ago, when a metal grommet came off a jacket I have and fell into the well under the lint trap.

I was able to use the long, plastic tube that came with it to finally manage to vacuum up the darn thing.  I was afraid it would fall into the gap and damage the drum.

Honored Contributor

Thanks and all: It had a long brush and supposedly prevented fires.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Haven't heard about these in years. Have any of you?

@Group 5 minus 1 

I checked they have them at Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot---online and in store..... and also Amazon and Ebay...type in DRYER LINT BRUSH in the search block

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I got one not too long ago at Bed, Bath & Beyond. They have a lot of that "as seen on TV", in one aisle.
Esteemed Contributor

After cleaning the dryer vents at his own home, my son decided my home needed it done since I've lived here longer than they have lived in their home.

My son came over with his shop vacuum and thoroughly cleaned out my dryer vent. He also went outside the house and cleaned the vent from that end too. He retrieved years of lint that could have started a fire. Yet I clean ou the dryer vent  after each use. It was a sobering experience to see how much lint passes through the dryer lint trap. BTW: I also bought a NEW fire extinguisher for the laundry room!

If you have somebody with a strong shop vac who is willing to do the job, I suggest you ask them for help or hire it done. Mine was a fire waiting to happen.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

After cleaning the dryer vents at his own home, my son decided my home needed it done since I've lived here longer than they have lived in their home.

My son came over with his shop vacuum and thoroughly cleaned out my dryer vent. He also went outside the house and cleaned the vent from that end too. He retrieved years of lint that could have started a fire. Yet I clean ou the dryer vent  after each use. It was a sobering experience to see how much lint passes through the dryer lint trap. BTW: I also bought a NEW fire extinguisher for the laundry room!

If you have somebody with a strong shop vac who is willing to do the job, I suggest you ask them for help or hire it done. Mine was a fire waiting to happen.  

@BirkiLady. I have a company that comes out to do this.  However, I'd be happy to give your son my address...  😁

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee  Have a feeling after he did their dryer vent and mine, he has had enough.

He did bring my grandson along to show him how it's done. Perhaps it will be a new venture for the younger generation?  I'll let them know you are interested in their new enterpricing business! Smiley Wink

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

A brush thing might just push it further along.

They do make flexible wands for vacuums, about a yard long.  They can suck up stuff you never knew about 😆 from places you never knew you had 😆