Honored Contributor

I just adore Rick.  Probably one of my. favorite hosts.  I especially enjoy watching his shows with Valerie.  They really click and make the show so enjoyable.  I watch him whenever I can.  

Esteemed Contributor
He’s good at what he does
Valued Contributor

I will admit, most of what Rick presents I don't care about so I am not an avid observer of him at work. On the rare times I do see him, for instance "Shawn Saves Christmas", he is a good sport, a nice sense of humor, and yes, very energetic. As others have stated though, he did give all the information on the products, was engaging and brief (thankfully) with callers, and not self involved (unlike many of the female hosts). I noted before on another Rick thread here, there was one time for just a minute he spoke about his dog had just died and he/she was a member of the family and had grown up with the kids, etc. He was very emotional about that, and was heartwarming. But I did not hear about it the rest of the show, and the few times I saw him since, I did not hear that same story over and over and over. There lies the major difference between he and JT, she does not let it go and quite frankly she spoils the shows she co hosts.

I cannot stand her and Shawn on Fridays. She steamrolls right through the show talking over vendors, not engaging with SK or the "regular Friday beauty models"; she asks them a question but then keeps talking about herself without allowing an answer. Same with CK, who now just looks like an afterthought on Girls Night In. In fact,  I am starting to feel bad for CK. On the Friday Beauty Secrets show she brought up her daughter for so long during Mackenzie Westmore's segment, and earlier in the day somehow she crowbarred the other daughter in about whatever she was selling saying how it was perfect for her because she is now a Dance Judge (or something). I am almost sure it was the IM TsV she was peddling and I got absolutely no correlation between the two! She needs to stop selling her family to the audience.

Thankfully, Rick does not do any of what she does, except talk briskly.. but at least it is useful information about what he is actually selling.  

Valued Contributor

I like Rick!!

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the ahallmark Channel yesterday. I don't garden and the rest was nothing I was interested in. Rick always seems like he's just take a B12 shot. 

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of Rick. Scatter brained and hyped up with anything he sells with the exception of jewelry shows. Don't care for him so I don't watch his shows.

Trusted Contributor

Sometimes I can take him and sometimes I cannot, the garden show was one of the nope, can't listen to him. He would not be quiet long enough for the rug representative to even get a word in edgewise so I finally just turned him off instead of ordering the rugs I wanted. I ordered from Wayfair instead, 5 of them. When I tuned in later he started on the hardy hibiscus...just turned it off.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

@We rescue cats   I don't get it.  You ordered rugs from Wayfair just from a written description and a picture, and not from QVC because you couldn't watch RIck.

QVC has written descriptions and pictures as well.  It doesn't  make sense to me.

I don't watch QVC often.  I just channel surf and stop if something looks interesting.  I  have never ordered anything from the Q without checking the description on line first.

I would be fine if QVC was just an online store.  The presentations aren't necessary for me at all.

Amazon is only an online store, though they do have some videos of the products and video reviews and their business is going strong even in the bad economy.

Trusted Contributor

I like him too. And he's in on the joke.

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie - actually no, I wasn't clear, I turned QVC off because of Rick and when I went back to the site later the size and pattern was sold out, so I went to Wayfair and ordered.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)