Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is your bare minimum for kitchen equipment?

[ Edited ]

Keurig

Microwave

Slow Cooker

Toaster Oven

Oven/Cooktop

Dishwasher

Refrigerator 

If it makes my life easier I’m in!!

Honored Contributor

True

Occasional Contributor

That's easy question for me...our Keurig!.  Hubby can only use one arm but he can make his own cup.  I keep everything near the machine.  If it quit working, I'd be at the kitchen store within the day.

Super Contributor

Maybe this isn't what you're asking about, but, having lived with one for the past 30+ years, and now bought a house w/o one, I'd add garbage disposal.

Contributor

I love all my kitchen gadgets, but I can easily live without most of them Smiley Happy So my bare minimum would be:

- good kitchen knives

- solid, wooden cutting board

- variety of pots and skillets with heavy bottoms (steel, cast iron)

- stove, oven

- refrigerator

- coffee grinder

- pepper mill

- KitchenAid mixer

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]
  1. cast iron skillets in 4 sizes, plus a c.i. Duch oven I'm working on restoring
  2. large toaster oven thrift store gem
  3. rice cooker
  4. standard size and Belgian waffle makers (used for more than wafles)
  5. Genius Food Chopper w/multiple blades, large bowl size, whatever the cups' worth it is (which used to be sold on QVC)
  6. kitchen scale
Respected Contributor

Snowpuppy, I wouldn't have purchased most of my items if it wasn't for the Q. Probably that goes for most of us. I try not to get bonkers with things, but the best part is the demo's we get to watch and re-watch on the computer. 

Respected Contributor

Snowpuppy, I purchased some things because I used them in resturants and liked them and purchased for home use. But I never had a lot of appliances because I didn't have the room, but back in the day I purchased a wok for use on the stove and I used that almost every day back in the 80's. But it grew legs one day and mysterisly walked out my door. I missed it but used a deep electric fry pan, work almost as well except it had warm rack with the wok. I may buy a new one one day. Ithink B.B.&B would have them.I love stir fry its quick,easy, and healthy, good way to get your veggies..

Respected Contributor

CelticCrafter, I think like that usually when I tired, and I stop my self, I may be sorry and won't be able to afford another in the future.

Respected Contributor

ptagirl, My energy and health isn't the same as when I purchased some of my items. Like the KA mixer, but I purchased it to bake for Church and things changed there, but I am trying to climb the ladder of health and get back in the grove for me. My KA can be used for meat grinding and I get a deal with BOGO roasts and grind my own meat with it, and season as I grind It tastes so much better than when ground beef is purchased already ground.. So I am glad I bought the attachment with purchased with purchase when I purchased my stand mixer. So I going to turn the sunshine back on in my life starting little by little.