Trusted Contributor

Re: What is your bare minimum for kitchen equipment?

I could get by with fridge/freezer, range, microwave, toaster, slow cooker, stove top coffee pot. Nice, but do not absolutely need, dishwasher, stand mixer, blender, can opener, Keurig, Mr ice tea maker. Have never been near a hot air fryer or a pressure cooker, although my mom used to use a deep fat fryer for French fries and an electric skillet, which I still have in a dark cupboard somewhere. I remember going to store to look at early microwaves and thinking “ Now what on earth would I ever do with that contraption?”

Trusted Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Wow. Thinking back to what I had when first out on my own.....frypan/skiller, covered casserole and 2qt covered saucepan. Coffee maker came later.

Toaster is nice but you could toast in the oven. Microwave only heats coffee. Anything you need a KA for you can do by hand. 

No pressure cookers, slow cookers, air fryers, Keurig, food processers, ice maker, warming drawers, Ninja Anythings, hot pots, insta pots, no WP or Curtis Stone anythings.

I had no idea of what I missed ! 😁

I’m with ya snowpuppy!  😉

Honored Contributor

If you look it up using your oven doesn’t use much electricity. What I don’t want or need is a countertop oven. I just use the big one. To me they are messy and take up too much space

Honored Contributor

I need the usual.... refrigerator, stove, mixer, food processor and a couple of pots and pans and a good set of knives.

Honored Contributor

I guess I'm already close to the minimum 😮.  I use the stove, microwave and toaster oven.  I could get by with just the stove if I had to.

Honored Contributor

My double ovens,toaster,keurig,good knives,minimal pits and pans,a couple of Cookie sheets,loaf pan and pie plate.I have other appliances but I don't use them that often.

Honored Contributor

Sink, stove, fridge, oven, dishwasher, toaster oven, microwave, air fryer, keurig, blender/food processor, grill outside

Caphapon griddle and ridged pan

Other assorted pots and pans

Pop corn maker

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Refrigerator, stove, oven, dishwasher, toaster, can opener, flatware, knives, spatulas, pressure cooker, copper chef casserole pan, copper chef skillet, Keurig, food saver, griddle/grill, MCM egg cooker, food chopper, vitamix, lock and lock.

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess you have a well stocked kitchen.I assume you like to cook.I noticed you listed copper chef as a must have.I need to try those out.I like that they can go into oven up to 500.

Do you live in Oklahoma?We just got home from a month there visiting our son.We didn't plan for the cold weather and darn near froze this time.I love Oklahoma and think we will eventually move there to be closer to our son.

Honored Contributor

My grandmother had more appliances than I do.    I still make coffee with a Corning stovetop perc..................

♥Surface of the Sun♥