QVC Customer Care

Re: SG Cold Shoulder getting the cold shoulder

Honored Contributor

just warning everyone in advance.....

next months SG TSV is also a cold shoulder item.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

Really, @sunshine45?  LOL 😂.

I browsed Chico's site today and noticed a number of cold shoulder tops.

Contributor

if you are hurt by simple style comments.  you must be very young. bless your heart you will grow out of it. until then keep a stiff upprt lip and forge on with your own taste in clothing.

Respected Contributor

@on the bay I remember the cold shoulder look way back, I did not like it then and I don't like it now. A lot of the hippy styles are coming back that I wore in the 60's. I bought a dress with the flowing sleeves and wore it with leggings and flat shoes. It looked pretty good and I am 68. I even wear the "holy" jeans but I do not ever think you will see me in the cold shoulder. I may give a cold shoulder but not wear it. Woman Happy

I love your statement about opinions! Woman Happy

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

When I tuned in and watched for a while on Sunday I feared QVC had been overtaken by some cult that was forcing all to wear cold shoulder dresses , but then I realized it was just the TSV! Whew!Smiley Happy

As far as me wearing it --I am in my 60's  and remember when it was in style in my teenage years. I didn't wear it then and now my shoulders would be too cold.

I do think SG designed it nicely and to fit well. It looked great on many. SG puts thought to women's bodies IMO and fit. I have seen others in real life that are the designers 'bad'.

I thought the best were on Antonella and the lbd on Kristen (?). I cannot imagine wearing the animal print one to worship service though.

Honored Contributor

Was it Joan Rivers (or another designer?) who said,

"You never gain weight in your shoulders."

Meaning, everyone's shoulders always look good.

But I have to agree w/ many...it's a trend that's been played out.

Kinda like when your Grandma gets on Facebook, 

once a TSV is a cold-shoulder, it's not cool anymore..!

Respected Contributor

A lot of Susan's designs are not my taste. 

Actually, what they say is that if you wore a trend the first time around, don't wear it when it comes through the second or third time. I know there are women over 50 out there with great bodies. Just because you can do it, it doesn't mean that you should. It will look like you raided your 30-year-old closet and it will age you.

I was never a fan of the cold shoulder/off shoulder thing when I was in college--and I could have worn it. To me, it wasn't a matter of socioeconomic status. I thought they looked weird and they were immodest. 

What I think is going to horrible is that people will not buy this kind of thing and those who watch will be forced to see Q sell it for y-e-a-r-s. They keep selling the same old thing no one wants.  The return policy insures that one will see them over and over again.

Remember moleskin?

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

I like the dress and am hurt when I read that apparently I like tacky ugly things.

@TheMemphisVette

Please don't take it to heart and consider the source(s).

Telling others that their choice in a dress is tacky, ironically, is the epitome of tacky!! And  beyond the tacky, and worse in my opinion, it shows a serious lack of class...

I think the dress is cute.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

I think that is a cute top.  Wouldn't you call that more of a split sleeve than a cold shoulder?  That is more of the style "cold shoulder" that I prefer.