Contributor

Joan Rivers should be turning over in her grave...

Could Joan Rivers clothing be any more BORING than it is now? Boyfriend Shirts = blah. No definition, No figure flattering designs, No lovely colors/prints. Just mediocrity! Joan had style, she had panache, and yes, she occasionally wore a boyfriend shirt, but not every day. She created beautiful ensembles, wonderful form fitting well designed jackets, stunning scarves, lovely jewelry...and now...it's pathetically mediocre. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Joan Rivers should be turning over in her grave...

SweetJ, I'll second that!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO her jackets - the ones like blazers -  were much too short!

Respected Contributor

Very underwhelming.   

Honored Contributor

I was never a fan of hers, so I never watched her shows.  But I can't believe that the majority of what she sold was the boyfriend shirt!!!!!  How many of those does one buy????  I do like David Dangle, but don't watch much because of the repetitiveness of "design".

Respected Contributor

I liked her jewelry especilly necklaces  I know they now make Logo links but I miss seeing new JR.

Honored Contributor

I brought this up months ago. My disappointment with the boring JR clothing/jewelry, not to mention pricing & it was met with posters who just loved and couldn't get enough big shirts. Another line of clothing down the drain on the Q for me.

Honored Contributor

I was not really a fan of her line, except for the boyfriend shirt.  Her jackets were cut too short and most had bracelet sleeves.  Also, that elastic gathering in the back of the jackets was always up way too high on my frame and looked outdated.

I have four of the boyfriend shirts -- 2 denim, 1 faux suede, and 1 seersucker -- love them all.

I thought the scarves were and are beautiful, but I never purchased one.

Honored Contributor

If the brand is making more money than it was in her day, she's not turning over in her grave.....she's dancing in it.  Joan was business woman.  The JR brand seems to have found a loyal customer in it's big shirts. Otherwise, they would not offer so many of them.  I like the one that pleated front one with the sheer sleeves that they are offering now.

Esteemed Contributor

(This won't be popular)    Keeping a product going and going and making money on it long after the named-brand person has deceased makes me squirm.  Don't like DD and don't believe he's really representing JR - rather his clothing is only based on what will sell.  Time for JR line to leave the building!