Honored Contributor

Re: SG Cold Shoulder getting the cold shoulder

I like some of the cold shoulder tops; particularly the ones with the slit rather than the whole exposed shoulder.  My issue is they often are done on a scoop neck top which is not my favorite neckline.  I prefer a vee or a portrait neckline.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I have been reading about the cold shoulder look in fashion magazines and stories about what is "In and Out".  SUpposedly  the look is on its way out.  HOpe those who purchased will not be stuck,with a totally outdated look next spring.

That's funny because all the fashion magazines I've seen have said this look is in.  And even more, the cold-shoulder look is absolutely everywhere from mart type stores to high-end dept. stores.

You can do a quick search of various women's clothing sites and find hundreds of cold-shoulder items available from tops to dresses to sweaters, etc.  Macy's has over 1,000 cold-shoulder items.  Nordstrom has nearly 900, Neiman Marcus has over 600.   

Cold shoulder has always been in, it's just much more prevalent now than it has been for awhile.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@KathyPet wrote:

I have been reading about the cold shoulder look in fashion magazines and stories about what is "In and Out".  SUpposedly  the look is on its way out.  HOpe those who purchased will not be stuck,with a totally outdated look next spring.

That's funny because all the fashion magazines I've seen have said this look is in.  And even more, the cold-shoulder look is absolutely everywhere from mart type stores to high-end dept. stores.

You can do a quick search of various women's clothing sites and find hundreds of cold-shoulder items available from tops to dresses to sweaters, etc.  Macy's has over 1,000 cold-shoulder items.  Nordstrom has nearly 900, Neiman Marcus has over 600.   

Cold shoulder has always been in, it's just much more prevalent now than it has been for awhile.

@Lipstickdiva

Don't be going all logical and stating facts!

She's concerned for us and we should be thanking her for her generosity of spirit!

Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

This TSV looked nice on everyone in the presentations that I've seen.  I like full length long sleeves; but one model, perhaps Deanna, had the black dress' sleeves pushed up to just below the elbow, and it looked great.  Sort of 'Ballerina' length sleeves. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette

Welcome to the Community (wink).  If you like the dress and ordered the dress, then rock it and enjoy it.  You will come across strong opinions in this Community - don't give them a second thought :-) 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY

They all demonstrated that last night; pushing them up as elbow sleeves.

I actually prefered that to the 3/4 look.

Honored Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

I like the dress and am hurt when I read that apparently I like tacky ugly things.

Don't be hurt by the comments.   YOUR OPINION is the only one that matters.   I think the dress is cute, too, so I bought the animal print to wear casually with sandals this summer.   I hope you love your new dress.  

ITA w/ your comments about HER opinion being the only one that matters to her.  I did not care for the dress, but I'm sure I own items that some don't care for.  I couldn't care less, LOL.  If I like it, I buy it.  

I remember comments many many moons ago about a jacket from some Indigo line QVC had many eons ago.  I liked it and many trashed it!    I could not have cared less.  It's been donated, but I liked it at the time.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

'All in all', it's a beautiful dress.  I'd wear it with a cardigan.  The shape and fabric of the dress is very, very flattering.  And looking comfortable to wear, too. Not much (if any) fidgeting at all required. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Speaking of the cold shoulder, I was watching a hallmark show, I think it was Matlock and there was an actress playing a "waitress/dancer" wearing a cold shoulder tight top. I looked at the date and it was 1992-25 years ago.

And it made me think again, there were so many styles in the past that are brought back, some I never liked back then and some I think, no, we already did that and you can't go back.

LIke when I see hippy type clothes, I think, no that was our generation and you can't do it right again.You know what I mean?

Anyone else think like that about some of the styles they bring out today?

p.s.-also jeans with holes in them-no then, no now.Of course this is my opinion and as someone said so eloquently on here (and I wish I could remember who-was it @Snicks1?) that there is of course no reason for anyone to get insulted about this opinion.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I doubt that anyone could convince me to wear holy jeans, lol.  But I do see them around here.  All ages, more or less.  Seriously, I'm somewhat thrifty re: trends; and if I liked the look, I'd distress a few older pairs myself.  Seem easy to rip apart, in my chosen pant areas.  I often think:  Gee, we've come a long way in the scheme of things, and there they are, going way back to looking like scare-crow attire.  (lol, of course)