Honored Contributor

Re: Prince William and Kate join the Queen at church at Sandringham today

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I love that Kate dresses like an adult, smart, sophisticated, powerful woman.  We have far too many air-head hoochie girls in the news.

Maybe this will counteract some of that and make adult, smart, sophisticated powerful women a role model again for young women who are smart and might want to grow up to be adult, powerful, women with class and grace.  Not cheap looking women who can only gain attention by making spectacles of themselves. 

If women really want a place at the table and a voice in what makes the world go around, it's time they woke up and realized what it takes to do it. I don't know where that concept went so off the rails. 

If women really want a place at the table?  We already do!  BTW, what do men need to wake up and realize?

It's up to women to earn a place at the table.  It isn't up to men to give it to them.  It's up to anyone to work hard, learn and be part of a team.  It's not easy, but it is not the old boys clubs it used to be in the 1950's and 60's.  Sometimes women have to work a little harder, but that's ok.  So do people of different races, hillbillies and others who may not fit the mold.

But understand that almost everyone at any table are there because it was worth the sacrifice to them to get there.  

Trusted Contributor

What I find odd is that I'm giving my opinion about my taste in clothes, not character, about three public figures, and, yet, in response people are making personal comments and accusations about me. 

Respected Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

Kate's style is always so dated, matronly and boring. The queen is the queen. Hate her clothes and accessories, but, they're so her.  Love so much of Meghan's clothes. She, usually, looks sleek, modern and youthful (but, not too young). YMMV

@ILTH

I love Duchess Kate's style.  I think the Queen always looks lovely. (her hats & coats are great)  If I live to be 90+, I hope I look as good as she does.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1  I always think when I see the Queen that she looks lovely (except for the hairdo she's worn for the past 60 yrs. that is awful but fortunately usually mostly hidden by a hat).   Nowadays I also think how, if I ever live to be her age, I sure would hate to have to be dressed up every day (even around the palace).   As I age with arthritis and such, it gets harder and harder to even put my shoes on (although I know she can have help with all that...but still....dressed up to the 9s all the time at her age! wow).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@January121 wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

Kate's style is always so dated, matronly and boring. The queen is the queen. Hate her clothes and accessories, but, they're so her.  Love so much of Meghan's clothes. She, usually, looks sleek, modern and youthful (but, not too young). YMMV

@ILTH ..... there is absolutely no comparison between Kate & Meghan .... Kate is by far superior & looks & acts like a future queen

Kate is superior?   I do love her outfit today, and usually, but I'd hardly describe her as "superior" to Meghan.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pearley, ILTH has confused her previous comment. Now she's liking Kate?

Her previous post was a r___ comment disguised as innocent. She just wants to stir the pot.

Trusted Contributor

@ahoymate

I suggest that you and @Pearley apologize to me. 

You for your rude comment attributing what someone else said to me having said it, and Pearley for liking your rude comment. 

Both please check your reading comprehension skills. 

20190106_152841.png

Honored Contributor

I suspect Meghan's weight ,might fluctuate a lot, at times. She certainly looks much healthier' and I think 'prettier ,with the extra pounds she is carrying

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I love that Kate dresses like an adult, smart, sophisticated, powerful woman.  We have far too many air-head hoochie girls in the news.

Maybe this will counteract some of that and make adult, smart, sophisticated powerful women a role model again for young women who are smart and might want to grow up to be adult, powerful, women with class and grace.  Not cheap looking women who can only gain attention by making spectacles of themselves. 

If women really want a place at the table and a voice in what makes the world go around, it's time they woke up and realized what it takes to do it. I don't know where that concept went so off the rails. 

If women really want a place at the table?  We already do!  BTW, what do men need to wake up and realize?

It's up to women to earn a place at the table.  It isn't up to men to give it to them.  It's up to anyone to work hard, learn and be part of a team.  It's not easy, but it is not the old boys clubs it used to be in the 1950's and 60's.  Sometimes women have to work a little harder, but that's ok.  So do people of different races, hillbillies and others who may not fit the mold.

But understand that almost everyone at any table are there because it was worth the sacrifice to them to get there.  

@Sooner  

As a woman, and what you would no doubt term a “hillbilly” (WOW), I climbed the corporate ladder wearing heels and a skirt as Required by the dress code.  No man ever made a space at the table for me, nor did I expect / want said.

Earned my spot and held it through education, experience, and working harder, longer, and smarter.  

I believe many women here can say the same.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@January121 wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

@ILTH ..... there is absolutely no comparison between Kate & Meghan .... Kate is by far superior & looks & acts like a future queen

Kate is superior?   I do love her outfit today, and usually, but I'd hardly describe her as "superior" to Meghan.

I don't understand the "superior" comment or another's comment about Kate being a powerful woman.  She has very little power; having to dress and act exactly like she is told to.  Her skirt hems were much shorter before Queenie stepped in.  Her children will be raised and educated according to the Royal mandate.  

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky